Wednesday 1 December 2010

Advent Calendar

make a gif


I love advent calendars. Andy's Dad always used to send us one every year and I really miss that. I am going to use the wonder of gif animation to make mine here this year. Last year I used flickr and next year, you never know, I may just have worked out how to do the roll over the picture with your mouse to see the before and after effect.
Each day there will be a picture that in some way is Christmassy, or just wintery.
It is still very cold and snowy here, but our school was open nonetheless! Nursery was closed as none of the Reception teachers made it in, so we had the Reception children in there instead. It was a lovely day. Not sure what will happen tomorrow! Out of 500 pupils in our school, 200 came today.

9 comments:

Yiota said...

Oh, I love that! Very creative as always!

Louise said...

i LOVE it!
{*}

snoopydogknits said...

Ohhh lovely! I enjoyed popping across last year for the advent pics. Love the unexpedness of this one, it's great! We've had snow and much excitement from the children. We have remained open, but today the wind chill so great and the compacted snow so slippery, that the children had to stay inside for the lunchtime play. There's always an air of anticipation and excitement in school when it snows. I LOVE it! Keep warm. Ros

Bimbimbie said...

Brilliant! The child in me will be visiting you every day. Smiles*!*

Leenie said...

Love your use of animation. Learning Flicker and similar software is on my to do list. You're helping me keep it on the top of that list.

mrsnesbitt said...

\wow1\ \loved this - ill have to experiment! We are in North Yorkshire - so now entering our second week of being snow bound The garden is under at least 2 foot of snow! A lovely blog - I will add you to my blogroll if this is OK - just let me know
Thanks

Denise

Gracia said...

Advent calendars are one of those December delights, I quite agree.

Anonymous said...

Oh - you are so clever Sarah!! I wouldn't have the least idea how to do this!! Looking forward to seeing more.

Unknown said...

Excellent idea Sarah! I may steal it shamelessly...