Sunday 27 May 2012

Plants for the bees, butterflies, cats and people

I went to the garden centre today with the hope of finding some wallflowers. Instead I came home with some cosmos, catmint, buddleia and tomatoes. I have put the plants under the table outside, as it is too hot to plant anything. Tiger went straight for the catmint and started chomping! Cassie watched as if she was trying to work out what the excitement was all about. She had a little sniff after Tiger had finished.
Tiger relaxing after the catnip feast! 
Tomato people. They came home with me from school, rather than into the bin where everyone else wanted to put them.

6 comments:

Dimple said...

My cat gets rather wild-eyed from catmint, which I think is what we call catnip. The wild variety grows all over around here; the cats love it!

Carole Reid said...

Tiger looks very pleased with himself and your tomato people must be enjoying the fresh air!

Leenie said...

Missing kitty smiles. Thanks. Those tomatoes should reward their rescuer with a bounty of red goodness in a few weeks.

Unknown said...

Tiger is looking pleased with himself, with that contented smile on his face.

Anonymous said...

I thought cats just rolled in catmint, I didn't realise that they ate it!

Jenny Woolf said...

Have you noticed, also, that when you garden, you will often attract robins? I think they like to examine the soil in case any worms have been thrown up.