Wednesday 8 February 2012

Emotional

Recently when things have made me laugh I have had a few occasions of near hysteria-usually on my own in the car-where I almost can't stop laughing. Such as today when a van passed me on the A2. It had the name 'Accurate Roofing' on the back. It just struck me as really funny and that the least a roof should be is 'accurate'. Later it didn't seem so funny but it did make me laugh at the time. And other times I have had the same thing but with crying-such as recently when I watched a programme about a project to re-introduce tigers to an area of India. There was a female tiger and a male in quite close proximity but they lived alone. Then they got together to mate and spent about five days in each other's company. Then they parted again. A few days later the male tiger was found dead-poisoned by the local people in fear for their cattle. I just could not stop! I think it is the season. I always forget how this time of year makes me feel, and how I fight against it but still it descends upon me. I am trying to eat well, do exercise etc but all I really want to do is curl up in bed! There are compensations-weekends away-this weekend we are going to Leicester to see friends-looking forward to it if you are reading Rob! Little cats that love me. Books-I am reading lots at the moment-a great children's novel called 'The Sterkam Handshake' by Susan Price, 'One' by Victoria Alexander , 'Death Comes to Pemberley' by P.D.James on my Kindle, and also 'Molesworth'-if anything will make me laugh it is that! Through Sam I discovered the short stories of John Cheever-and am enjoying those. He wrote the story that the film 'The Swimmer' is based on. There are things such as interesting toilet graffiti-of the kind you don't see much anymore-to enlighten me.

I do this-keep my eyes peeled and live like a magpie-too much like one sometimes.

And I liked the positivity of this one!


Then there are lovely surprises in the post. I have taken part in two swaps recently-this is the first-a postcard swap organised by Anne. I received a lovely selection of made and bought postcards from Lee in Australia. I love the stamps she used, the lovely photos she took to make her card, the vintage crochet touches and the pretty packaging. Thank you Lee! (And Anne!)







6 comments:

jabblog said...

I'm quick to laugh and cry too - always have been.

It's a tiring time of year and SAD affects lots of people. Half-term and the lengthening of the days should help - the clocks go forward in March and we might see some sunshine.

Enjoy your weekend:-)

Sarah said...

Oh yes let's hope so!

Carole Reid said...

I too am quick to laugh and cry. Thankfully laughter comes easier to me. Laughter is good medicine. A laugh a day keeps the doctor away!

Aren't trades/swaps wonderful!

Linda Sue said...

I am right there with you- emotions are taking me over! I found myself in traffic coming home from getting high protein food for our dying kitty and suddenly out of nowhere I thought about my friend who died when we were 14 years old...haven't thought about her in years then boom there it is and I am weeping trying to stay on the road! WTF!Like she just died today!
In winter I have to be very careful about what books I read and I definitely can not watch anything involving little kids or animals.My emotions can not be trusted! I am glad that I am not alone in this craziness- THANK YOU!

Anonymous said...

I always finds that my moods lighten as the days lengthen - the last few bright frosty days have been a real lift to the spirits. Seeing Lee's postcard of Manly was a lovley reminder of meeting her there!

Tracy said...

Oh, no... now I'm crying too! That tiger story is tragic! :o( I'm the same way, Sarah, and not sure it's just because of the season. I feel & experience things very deeply, so I'm either smiling & laughing, or crying...LOL! Although I do experience SAD this time of year, and the emotions do seem to run a bit deeper...hhhmmm... Funny toilet graffiti--I like the positive vibe. ;o) LOVELY fun mail--such treats. Happy Weekend ((HUGS))