Wednesday 13 May 2009

TAG

I have been tagged by Sonia of The Dark Raven's Nest -thanks Sonia! She also very kindly promoted me on her blog the other day and I want to thank her for that too. She is another doll maker and a good one at that! Go and have a look for yourself here!

This is how the Tag works:

A. Name & link back to the person who tagged you.

B. List six (un)important things that make you happy.

C. Tag six bloggers & let them know they're it by leaving them a comment.
Here are my six things, randomly generated from a quick search through my photos-it is hard to limit myself to only six things as lots of things make me happy!
1. Andy cooking-it is going to be delicious! This is the old kitchen-look at the tiny cooker we had as the other one broke! I used to stand on a step ladder to cook-not safe!
2. The anticipation of these shelves from ebay arriving tomorrow! They are made of yew and are from France. They are plain but hopefully beautifully old and battered and will hold lots of my books/art! I love them as they are long yet shallow. 3. Cats, any cats but especially these two!
4. Taxidermy-even hilariously bad taxidermy like this. I don't know why but it does! 5. Birds.

6. Trees silhouetted against the sky. I was driving home with a friend of mine a few years ago-well she was driving and I was waxing lyrical about the beautiful trees on Woolwich Common. After I had gone on for some time she looked at me and said "Trees just don't do it for me" It made me laugh and be glad to have a friend with such a different perspective!
6 1/2 (Thanks Helen!) Nice new paint brushes.


This is the picture that Sonia had by the tag as it had come to her from The Studio at Crow Haven Farm-great dolls! Click on the picture to visit.
As for who is tagged-you are! If you want to be-if not then not!

12 comments:

steven mcvay said...

hello, hope you got your parcel today and that it was as you expected...

and them shelves look cool...

Anonymous said...

Cats, birds, & trees make me happy too!

I love the shelves!

Unknown said...

Sarah...

Ha Ha...I love the visual list...so funny..especially the fox. I laughed so loud..my tea almost spewed...Needed a laugh like that...I enjoy your posts. I look at birds and trees like that. And my husband says "wow your cheap"..I tell him.."yep thats why you married me"..LOL

Smiles,
Sonia ;)

Unknown said...

what a happy tag..hope you are having a good week..:P

Candace said...

FUN post, I just might have at it later. And thanks for linking to the Raven's Nest. Pretty cool site!
Oh, Sarah, I do love me some cats and birds and trees do it for me, too. LOL!
Candace x

Tracy said...

Enjoyed reading your tag, Sarah...your kitties are sooo sweet! Can't wait to see how you make over that great shelf...love the shape/design. Happy Day :o)

A.Smith said...

Oh Sarah, and here I was thinking I was the only person who absolutely craves long, narrow bookcases. If I were queen for a day I will make all books be the same width and the same height. I know, but there is nothing more annoying than to have a chunky, short book that sticks out like a sore thumb and the only one among hundreds needing the extra space.

Cats, and dogs, and trees and dew in the morning, husbands cooking, that and this, and this and that all make me happy. Enjoy your bookcase, is gorgeous.

Kat Mortensen said...

Hi Sarah!
That is the strangest looking taxidermed fox. It's as if his expression when he was killed(?) was frozen in time.

By the way, no. I cannot stay mad at mine (any of the four of them) for long. Did you see that face? How could I?

Kat

steven mcvay said...

hello, glad your things got there ok, and im glad you liked them...

did your shelves arrive in one piece..
x

Anairam said...

I like your happy things, Sarah! Oh my goodness, taxidermy always gives me the creeps, but this one is rather funny!

kendalee said...

What a great happy-making list! The fox made me laugh too...

I love the idea of Forest School from below. What fun you'll have with that when it happens and every forest needs a resident clown fish!

p.s. LOVED your cheesy movie selections - great calls every one! :D

p.p.s. word verification is otobe - perhaps Shakespeare's ghost is now living in the ether and writing them?

Anne said...

Hi, Sarah! The kitties are cute! Don't know about the taxidermy, but if it makes you smile, then enjoy! :-)