Tuesday 5 July 2022

Time on my Hands Due to Covid

I have let months go by without writing or sharing anything here. Somehow I just didn't feel like it and there is no point doing something if you don't feel like it. But tonight, with at least another five days of nothingness ahead of me, I suddenly feel like it! Andy had covid last week and is still testing positive today, and I now have it, starting from Sunday so cannot go to school for at least five days. I found out yesterday afternoon that my school have Ofsted this week so lucky timing of finally catching covid. I felt ok yesterday, but have felt worse today. Mainly aching, and a bad headache and headachey eyes. I took paracetamol which has helped. Also very tired. I had a long sleep in the middle of the day today as nothing else seemed viable. Anyway, have perked up slightly now. 
Eyeless (temporarily) bear from the floor of Deptford market. I was there at closing time one evening a couple of months ago and the stall holders just leave stuff behind on the ground. There were a couple of people searching through it for anything worth taking and at first I didn't join them, even though I wanted to. I was way too early to meet my friend so was walking circuits of the area, and twice walked past sad panda lying on the ground. I went back to my car to get a bag, then swooped in to rescue him. Only five minutes later the bin lorries were there scooping up all the stuff so he was saved from ending his furry days in a litter crusher. He was destuffed, machine washed, restuffed, combed and is now awaiting eyes. I have some, but have not yet sewn them on. Him and eyeless bear have been waiting a while. His fur came up pretty well and is very soft after washing. 
Large faced lady drawn with alcohol markers on a gessoed background in my current journal. It is made out of packaging paper and an Amazon cardboard envelope. I have made a few handmade books this year. Two of them were from old envelopes.
Polystyrene tile print based on large faced lady. 
                   

This is the view from my storage container on the Isle of Sheppey. It is pretty full now. I don't honestly know where all the stuff fitted in the flat. And the flat is not at all empty looking. But it is better. And is allowing me some space to gradually do jobs. Gradually being the word. 

Poor ratty was nearby on one of my visits. The containers are hopefully rat proof. They seal pretty well. I guess he or she was a victim of poison. I had to get rid of a much smaller rat, but still a rat from the bedroom of one of my cat clients recently. They were away for three weeks and their house was being shown to potential buyers so lucky that I spotted the rat early in the morning!

This was a recent discovery whilst cat sitting in a different part of Greenwich. It is a really lovely little area with lots of hidden alleys and paths and some lovely buildings. The cats happened to be next door neighbours so that saved me some travelling time!
I moved a large piece of furniture out of the kitchen so can move the remaining things around more easily. There was detaching plaster coving around the room and peeling lining paper on the ceiling. Both of which came off much more easily than expected. I now need to remove paper residue and then paint the ceiling and whole room. Then do the flooring. 
It was fun peeling the paper off!
I am making a baby blanket for Sophie who I used to work with. Her baby is not due until September so I have a while. I am doing a wavy pattern and have done about four rows of colour. 
Deptford market painting that I quite liked but not enough to bring it home. 
Cat friend. He is not scratchning me here but saying hello!

Finally is this picture of Andy wearing a wig I got in Deptford market. I got it for mannequin head purposes but Andy tried it on and we laughed a lot at the change in appearance it brought about!

 

9 comments:

landscape said...

I am so glad to see you back .The post gave me some inspiration re art journals . Hope you are better soon and continue to post .

Linda Sue said...

Oh
Andy!
Wig so suits you for your next gig-
Andy and the Cats LIVE in the caravan park.
Deptford has great left overs, dangerous, thank you for saving the panda . He is charming.
I reckoned that you would likely get covid since you and Andy live very close to one another. I am sorry for both of you. It seems to take a longer time to recover than most have thought, take it easy.
Snooze for days if you must. Your kitchen looks like hard work , the peeling part is satisfying I am sure, the sanding and prep work- not so much. I can't even tell you how splendid it is to see you here, I have missed you SO MUCH!!!! Sorry i sent you more clutter just as you are doing so well de-cluttering! Xx LS

Stella said...

Hahaha Andy in the wig just made my day.Hope you are both feeling better soon!

River said...

Sorry to hear you have Covid. My brother has it too, way up in the empty north of Western Australia. I like the little panda, he washed up very nicely. Did you move house or are you just decluttering?

Steve Reed said...

It's so funny how profoundly a wig can change someone's appearance. I wore a wig to a costume party once in the late '90s and even though I was otherwise in my own clothes, some people didn't immediately recognize me!

I didn't realize you'd put so much stuff into storage. It must be nice being able to move around and do renovations and repairs more easily.

Steve Reed said...

Glad you're back at your blog, BTW!

Fresca said...

So happy to see you again! More, please.

Fresca said...

P.S. Whoops--careless of me to only be happy--I'm not happy to hear you have Covid. I hope you are restored to health, or soon will be.

Sarah said...

Thanks Landscape-I'm sorry, I don't know your name!
Linda Sue, your clutter is always welcome, and the good kind of clutter! Andy suits a weird blond wig doesn't he?!
Thanks Stella and hi!
Thanks River! I hope your brother recovers well. We are not moving yet but hope to at some point so I am trying to sort out the various jobs around the place. Not too quickly though!
Thanks Fresca!