Wednesday 12 January 2022

Sheerness

Another trip to the storage unit today, and time for a coffee on the beach! It was a beautiful day. I picked up pretty stones, strolled along for a while, then off home again. My storage unit is now very full. We are having some damp curing work done in the bedroom next week, so I have been trying to clear even more stuff. My routine is to go there, then to go on to Sheerness which is about two miles away, and get breakfast from Tesco's cafe, then go to the beach. Last time I went I didn't get to the beach as it was absolutely pouring down. Today was much better. 







 Hi Again! 

The last picture is the remains of a wooden post. So worn but still there! The small piers are called groynes and are there to limit coastal erosion, trap sediment and stop longshore drift.

3 comments:

River said...

I've never seen beaches with so many pebbles, ours are all sand, mostly white, much easier to sit on. The pebbles are pretty though. What is the purpose of all the small piers?

Steve Reed said...

The weather has been miserable for the last few weeks, hasn't it? But finally, FINALLY, we're seeing some sun! Glad you're able to get out and about in it. Is that last item a rock or a piece of metal?

Linda Sue said...

Beautiful stony beach- I would fill my pockets, and waddle home.
Glad you are getting some work done in your flat, time is not our friend.