Saturday 8 January 2022

Boaty McBoatface


It is not Boaty Mc Boatface, but the Sir David Attenborough. (I think some people voted to name it the first name but the more sensible choice was taken!) (Here is the story of Boaty McBoatface)It is owned by the British Antarctic Survey and is a polar exploration and research ship. It was in Greenwich in October, and I was there early one morning after a cat visit so went to have a look. The light was beautiful and I wanted to post some of the pictures I took, but never got around to it.            A much older ship, The Cutty Sark, and the dome is the Greenwich foot tunnel entrance. 
The Shard and the Post Office Tower, which are about six/seven miles away. Convoys Wharf can just be seen behind the ship. The foreshore there is one of the places I go sometimes, not that I have done that for a while. The site itself is the focus of a local campaign to get it developed into something good for the community, rather than yet another exclusive and expensive property development.
Some pretty hefty lifting equipment.

Happy New Year to anyone reading. I have had a long blogging gap but want to come back now! 

2 comments:

River said...

That's an impressive ship! I wouldn't mind a guided tour of all the decks and workings. It will never happen of course but it would be interesting if it did.

Linda Sue said...

The colours are gorgeous. Boaty against the grey sky , lovely, Glad to see this post Ms. Sarah!