Saturday 13 April 2013

Works in Progress

The strange and not to everyone's taste little doll on the right came home with me from Greenwich a couple of weeks ago. His friend on the left is the beginning of a copycat doll. Linda Sue sent me lots of the plastic face masks ages ago (thanks Linda Sue!), and they are all in a glass jar (an arrangement seen on pinterest which I liked) but this one has now come out of the jar and been painfully sewn into a hat. (Painful for me not the doll who is only plastic) Her body and limbs are well on the way today but no photos yet. 
 Below is Spring in progress finally. There are only a few daffodils in the garden this year as they were all messed around in the tree moving, and chamomile planting. I must plant lots in November.
The rain is back and it is milder now. The garden is happier I think.
Below is a lining for a crochet bag I am making for my friend. She liked the bag the Judi Dench character has in Chocolat which is straw I think, and I am attempting to recreate that in crochet. The circles were easy enough, but working out the rest of the bag is slightly trickier. I am nearly there-just need to do some handles and put poppers in.
I have been meaning to have another go at crochet slippers after the last disaster which I am not sure if I put on here or not but they were not good, and just found this great tutorial on a blog called Zoom Yummy, via another blog called 2 Create in Colour, via tumblr. They look easy so I am going to give them a go when I have finished the doll and the bag.

7 comments:

Linda Sue said...

Glad to see the face getting a body- a head at least! A face can do so much with a brain in a hat!

snoopydogknits said...

I always love your dolls! They are so full of character, one way or another. Looking forward to seeing her complete and that pretty bag. Have a good first week back. Ros

Relyn Lawson said...

I always love creepy doll faces. These are just cute.

Tracy said...

Very fun mix today, Sarah! And VERY exciting to see that bag in progress. And thank you for the link to that great crochet slipper pattern! I've been wanting to have another go at such. I've tried various knitted slippers in the past, but often they seemed too big or sloppy for my small feet. This crochet pattern looks very promising--testing with the foot as you go--nice! LOVELY with the rain-kissed daffodil. We had a deluge of rain here last night! Happy Week ((HUGS))

Anairam said...

I like the new header - gosh, mine has been the same for 5 years. I don't think I know how to change it. Well, actually, I could find out, I guess, but I am just too lazy. That daffodil looks so pretty - all hopeful that spring has indeed sprung! I think the two dolls will get on well together, and man, that little old man needs someone! She needs to tell him that if he keeps on wearing funny red hats other dolls will laugh at him. Yep, some dolls can be vicious.

Leenie said...

Looks like the red doll is very pleased to have a companion. I especially like the hair that matches her eyes. Daffodils are such a welcome sight after a long brown/white winter. Hooray for spring! Best wishes for much success with your crochet projects.

Helen McCookerybook said...

There is something sinister about the expression on the faces of those dolls... I'm not sure I would want to turn my back on them! Hope all is well Sarah! Love Helen xx