Saturday 7 May 2011

This doodle is about the only art related thing I have done this week as I have had a lot of work to do. I am already looking forward to my next holiday-is that bad?!

Is this a Campion? I am amazed at how many different species of wild flower have grown in Forest School now. It has not been mown for quite a long time and so they are all getting a chance.

This morning's irises-the last buds sadly, then the garden will go back to being mainly green for now. It looked very green today through the humid air and in the thundery light.




Lily was my companion today while I stuck photos into the children's learning journey books. She was laying where I normally sit so I stood up to do the sticking-which was better I think.

10 comments:

Leenie said...

There is a LOT of art in this post. Your doodle is eloquent in its simpleness. So is the iris photo with the soft back light. Lily's portrait also has an artistic touch. I'm smiling at Lily's relaxation. Cats teach us a lot about the importance of a good nap.

Rattling On said...

No, it's not wrong to be wanting the next holiday, you're not on your own!!
Our irises haven't even flowered yet and yours have finished...

Sarah said...

Thanks Leenie!
I am glad you have yours to look forward to Dawn-they are so lovely!

ArtSparker said...

Rotate that photo 90 degrees to the left - She will look as if she is about to address an admiring crowd about some achievement in which she takes great satisfaction - position/context is everything -

rebecca said...

dear sarah,

may this day be heart warming....
come, we are all waiting in the garden.
where there is a vision waiting for you.

snoopydogknits said...

Dear Lily! Such lovely pics! Those Learning Journeys take a lot of time, don't they? I know how often I see our Foundation Stage team busy cutting and sticking. I can't wait for the next holiday either. I think it's always the same at this time of year. School is always really busy, with reports, special things going on etc. and the summer is tantalisingly close!!!! Have a good week. Ros

Tammie Lee said...

I do believe you are right about your white flower. Love seeing your simple ink piece.

Lynne said...

Your picture has so few lines yet is so interesting. That's the beauty of art I suppose.
What a picture Lily is, I love those relaxed poses that animals have.
There's so many wildflowers everywhere just now. They're really coming into their own.
Hope the holidays come quick for you.

Linda Sue said...

OOPS my comment got lost- what i was saying was that your doodle is the best ever! It would look amazing on plates, or white pottery- So awesome!

Anonymous said...

Lily looks so comfy! Sadly, our irises are gone too! They were pretty while they lasted.