Monday 19 April 2010

Back To Work Recipe For Success

Alleviate back to work stress and strain with paint. Watch a kitten and a big cat have a pretend(ish) fight over a shower curtain. Play with photoshop for a while. Watch a lovely old film. Plan a small surprise for a friend. Eat some naughty Indian sweeties. Read a small book on storage and feel as if you are actually quite good at it. Put a doll on a settee of just the right size for her, and try to make it look as if she is reading her book. Shout at the news and silly tv programmes for a bit. Make a list of things to be done. Add to the list. Do some of the things and feel good ticking them off. Go to bed earlier than normal rather than spending an inordinate amount of time uploading photos to your blog. This is my personalised list of things that have helped with the matter of going back to work today after two lovely weeks off.
Now I am going to do the last one.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was thinking of you being back at work!! Your destress techniques sound good to me! We are just trying not to stress out about the holiday - if we don't make it to Majorca (boo hoo) we'll go aomewhere in the UK - perhaps the Lake District. Stuart will stll come with us, as he too has been looking forward to a break from work.

http://frayedattheedge.typepad.co.uk

Tracy said...

Thank you for this, Sarah! I will need to go back and read this again after we're back from a trip in a bit. It's so hard sometimes getting the mojo back after a break. Wonderful new banner--the paint excites! Happy Day :o) ((HUGS))

Candace said...

Pretend cat fights are always great. We have "Animalympics Boxing Matches" every day, it seems, so stress levels are always leveling off, thanks to Kittyboy and Tsar.

Gosh, I can't imagine two weeks off. Maybe I should! Have a good day back, Sarah. Great photo. Love love love the paint daubs.
(I shout at newscasters as well, lol.)
Candace

Relyn Lawson said...

Sweet dreams, sweet pea.

Anairam said...

Just popped in for a quick hello, dear Sarah, before I am back to work at 20h45 in the evening! Oh, I must try some of the things on your list. What are those naughty Indian sweeties? They may just do the trick. Hey, I made some more dolls to keep me company while I work! (They are not sitting on a settee reading books though. Although they might as well, for all the help & support they are giving me. Which is to say, none. At least Snous comes in every now and then to lick my hand & check up on me...)
Good luck with the back-to-work. At least you will have summer soonish? I hope that big ash-cloud is not going to spoil your weather, though ...)

snoopydogknits said...

Your post made me laugh! I spent all day Sunday carrying out avoidance tactics. The stuff I should have done never did get done, but I have survived the first day back and, as always, loved being in the classroom, once I'd actually got there!!!!! Ros

Sam said...

Oh dear! The pain of going back to work - but it's never as bad as you expect and you'll soon be into the swing of it! You haven't been eating gulabjarmin (terrible spelling!) by any chance? By the way - how's it all going re-K5 (Icelandic vocano)? I guess you may have a few absentees this week from school....

BonnyBadger said...

this is an excellent list except can't do the cat thing - can do the 'watching dogs in the park' though instead! i love that. At least you haven't spent all day writing an end of year finance report...!

Kat Mortensen said...

Which lovely old film did you watch? That pretend fight sounds like fun (and definitely a stress-reliever)!

Kat