Tuesday 10 October 2017

Beautiful Kew

I had a very pleasant visit to Kew yesterday with Linda Sue and Nona. Lots of pictures and not too many words!
 Love a good seed head!
 Soft strokable grass teamed with Verbena Bonariensis. 
 The Hive-an art installation linked to a bee hive. The activity of the bees is interpreted through sound and light.

 Inside the Princess of Wales glass house. Amazingly bright and unreal Bromeliads. 

 More steamy plants. Had to keep wiping my camera lens on my shirt!
 This amazing creature is a Stag Horn Fern. Its leaves form a cup that collects nutritious debris and water. It is impressive!
 Waterlilies have the best seedheads. 



 The Piranha wants to get me!
 Or maybe the bear does. 
 Autumn Acer. 
 Student grown grapes. 
 Yew berries. Such an enticing red, but don't be enticed. 
 More water plants. 
 The sun came out. Lovely scents behind the Palm House. 

 Cheeky Jackdaws kept us company at lunch. 
 Sculpture on the way out. 
 Twisted. 
 Posing for me. Nona told us that one year either a swan or a goose made a nest in one of these urns!
 Lovely coffee near the station. 
 Berries on my road when nearly home. 
 A collection from Kew. The green thing is a black walnut. Holly berries, conkers, a pine cone, a beech nut case and some leaves. All in a bowl for the moment to remind me of the visit. Cassie's paws in the background-she had a good sniff when I emptied my pockets!

2 comments:

crafty cat corner said...

Lovely post, thankyou
Briony
x

Steve Reed said...

My camera lens always fogs up in the greenhouses, too! Kew never disappoints, even when the growing season is winding down...