Saturday 26 January 2013

The Life of a Hoarder

I have realised I can't help it but I am trying! Shifting my stuff around week by week and gradually letting some things go. I am off to Nottingham tomorrow with a bag of vintage kitchen bits and pieces to put in my friend's shop. It is her grand opening tomorrow so I didn't want to miss that. On the positive side I have done my grey hair roots today with the little brush supplied and I think it is quite successful-even at the back! Nothing to do with hoarding of course- just one thing from my list for today. Another important job is to superglue the head of the pink power ranger back on- I promised the children!
I have free cycled a load of Elle Decorations and have another bag for the charity shop so off there now. And the sun is shining so that is good.
The picture is a panda who I couldn't leave behind. Oh dear.

5 comments:

Linda Sue said...

Yes, too much stuff- you will see when you come what too much stuff really looks like! Good for you! It is a difficult process. I would also love to have the panda, soft spot in heart for old stuffies. I think that it must be luck to be albino-ish, when my hair turns grey it is really silver and just blends in. First time in my life I have called my hair "lucky"...it is usually a curse. I hope your time is well spent in Nottingham and that your friend's shop is a huge success! Excited to see photos! Glad the pink power ranger did not die from the beheading- power rangers can withstand so much! POWER!!!

Anonymous said...

I am doing very well - I haven't bought a magazine since before Christmas!! And I am enjoying using up my various stashes instead of adding to them. I hope your friend's shop does well!

Tracy said...

Hope yo had a good time visiting your friend, and that her shop will be a great success! While I'm not sure I'd define myself as a hoarder... Hubby & I have been de-cluttering and downsizing since last summer. It's quite liberating to unload things one no longer needs, uses or loves. I'm liking more open spaces around the house. :o) Happy Days ((HUGS))

Anairam said...

Jeez, this IS weird! My anonymous comment has suddenly disappeared. Very, very odd. The gremlins must be out tonight ...

Bimbimbie said...

Helllloooo*!* I'm feeling this battle too at the moment - books and magazines I can borrow from the library, but the ones sitting on my shelves need to be culled, trouble is each time I attempt some article or other catches my eye and I put it back to read ... 'later.' I'm just going to have to pick up small bundles and take them to the Drs waiting room or charity shop every now and then ... and then there are the drawers and cabinets to get tough with*!*

Loved the snail in the snow and the close up photos of snowflakes - so intricately beautiful in something so miniscule.