Friday 1 April 2011

Hexagon Cushion



Thank you for well wishes and lovely comments on drawings-all much appreciated! I went back to work today and it was good to see everyone looking so happy and relieved after the ofsted. The school got a 'good' judgement overall and Foundation Stage got 'strong good'. Now hopefully we can relax for a few years. I have to finish my shrine project soon and really want to get it done this weekend. Ideas have been brewing and a small amount of work has gone on-once a part of it is dry I am nearly there. Also I want to get my TDP doll sent off next week so have got things to do for that too-the journal part. Again I have had the ideas but just need to do them!

I am putting the hexagon cushion pictures up today so that I can file the photos away instead of them being on the desk top all the time. It was finished ages ago but does not have a cushion pad yet, just decorates the back of a chair instead.

Have a good weekend!

11 comments:

Leenie said...

So many fun projects! Hope you find a lot of time to get through some of them. I'm super impressed by the hexagon cushion. When I try to sew little pieces of cloth together I can never get the corners to match up and I always end up with a gob if lumpy seams underneath. Your work looks great!

Glad you're back on your feet.

Lynne said...

Glad you're feeling better Sarah.
I lurve your hexagon cushion, just love it! It looks super cosy. Is that a velvet backing?
Looks as though you've got a fun packed weekend. Hope you manage to get everything done that you have planned. Enjoy!

Lynne said...

Back again after reading your comment on mine. It's the River Mosel.

jabblog said...

Glad to hear your school got a good Ofsted report and to know that you're feeling better.
I like your cushion.

Anonymous said...

Glad the inspection went well. Love the hexagon cushion - there is something very satisfying about stitching hexagons together.

jabblog said...

Back again - re: daughter's Ofsted - not good:-( However, she knew when she took the job that the school was under special measures and there was a long way to go.
She's also a parent governor at her children's secondary school in Blandford and they've just had a bad Ofsted, too. I don't think she found that surprising but it's worrying.

Rattling On said...

That's really lovely, I like a nice bit of velvet as well!

Unknown said...

Love the cushion,what patience you have to get it finished.

Hey Harriet said...

That's gorgeous! And I adore your drawings below! Unfortunately the slideshow wouldn't appear but I could still view them. I'm not sure what 'ofsted' is (accreditation ranking of some sort maybe?) but I'm glad it all went well and you're feeling better :)

Tracy said...

Glad all went well with the "judgement day," Sarah... now you can relax! :o) I love the homespun quality of this cushion--so many time mosaic bits of pretty fabrics...LOVELY! Happy Weekend ((HUGS))

Anonymous said...

Glad that you are feeling better and that all went well at the school!. Your cushion is very pretty!