Monday 14 February 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

Thank you to my mysterious Valentine! Your Valentine is marvellous!


I had a desire to do a little ghostly girl type figure holding a heart balloon, in these sepia settings on old postcards, and off I went and did them. I then saw this Banksy image somewhere and had a vague recollection of having seen it before-it is obviously in my brain somewhere! Inspiration!



The last one is a photoshop attempt to do the same thing-back in the castle.
I have to say that I forgot about Valentine's day when planning for this week's activities at nursery. I hastily cut some hearts out this morning, mixed some neon pink paint with PVA glue and problem solved! I was explaining to the children what it is all about. Lilly was listening very carefully. Later on she asked me-
"How long does balance time last?"
I like the sound of balance time!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your little girl and her heart!!

Serenata said...

Oh very cute little girl and heart!

rebecca said...

lily
you are adorable!
please tell your lovely teacher that i heart her!

happy balance time
oxoxoxoox

Leenie said...

Your little girl with the heart balloon is quite a tourist. Good for you to follow her around and be her photographer. ;o)

Balance Time Day...I love it. Kids hear with such new ears.

Shell said...

The ghost girl with her red balloon is sweet. Perfect for Valentine's Day. Hope you had a great day. And your new header is beautifully Spring. I can almost smell them.

Anonymous said...

So cute!

Anonymous said...

:) this made me smile

jabblog said...

I like your header! I also like what you did with the postcards - very clever.
'Balance time' is what every relationship needs when the first breathless moments have passed;-)

Diane Rooney said...

Absolutely love your new header graphics. Beautiful, Sarah. And your photos... always so inspiring. x

Linda Sue said...

Following her heart on a string leads her to many beautiful spots I would say- Great advice! Today I must have balance time- this and that and the middle...LOVE

rochambeau said...

LOVE your little Valentines gal Sarah!
Fabulously fun photoshoppin'!!

Hope you had a good one!

xox
COnstance

Unknown said...

Good job on the little girl with the heart.

Love your new header and the look of your blog.

Paula said...

I love those little ghostly girl cards! You did good!!

Kat Mortensen said...

Ooh, you really should sell a set of those - they'd be fantastic!

Did you have a good Valentine's Day?

Kat