Monday 15 March 2010

Inspiring Words Week

I am joining Yiota, of Shells, Bells, Flowers and Showers this week, in her posting of words of inspiration. My word for today is 'miniature'. I have always had a fascination for tiny things, and have vast collections of them to prove it. Luckily as they are so small you can fit a vast collection into a shoebox. Dolls fall into the miniature category, and so I took a number of pictures of Tiny Doll, (by Beth Robinson) in a new room on the shelves, to illustrate my word. The car and furniture are from my favourite online rummage store, eBay, and are the perfect size for her, so I have created a miniature minimalist bedroom in one of the shelf sections. She looks a little out of place but maybe she will get used to it.

I wonder what book she is reading, to have scary dreams like this!
Tiny wooden dolls with a tiny wooden house.
A tiny interior I made.
A flock of miniature sheep crossing a bridge in Lewisham, which Linda Sue's sheep sculpture reminded me of. The bridge is in Ladywell and I really like the building in the background. A woman, who's name I can't remember, was granted the freedom of the borough, which gave her the right to drive her sheep over this bridge, which she did! I might have to do some research to remember the facts as it is some years since I made this.
Miniature toy cars from the Vintage Fair last weekend.



7 comments:

Linda Sue said...

I have always had a thing for minis as well...Collected them and let them go only to start again. little things are cool! I love your little things especially the kitten and I think Rabbit is an adorable name! I like your sheep in orderly queque...sweeet- and the little doll is very cool! Yes, I am a little thing person!

Unknown said...

Wow for the first time I felt tall, not so insignificant. I love the pictures you create, amazes me how you see the world through that lense. Beth Robinson makes unbelievable dolls. We made it through Monday...on to Tuesday.

xoxoxoxoxxo

frayed at the edge said...

I love your collections, and the way you have displayed them! Glad you're making progress introducing kitten to the household. Our poodle didn't mind when we got our spaniel - even though she stole her bed and her food!!

Yiota said...

You're a great story teller! You've put up a whole show here!

sallybailey said...

Mabel! Good kitten name? Or have you decided? The suspense is killing me!

Candace said...

Oh my gosh. How I love minis. Those cars are incredible. Love love love them!
But that DOLL... what a beauty! And I like her little environment.

Great and fun post, Sarah.
Candace x

BonnyBadger said...

I had no idea you were so fascinated by the minature! I know esactly which bridge in Ladywell that it