Saturday 28 November 2009

Awards

I was catching up on Mary's blog today and was touched to see she had given me an award, which made me remember another award given to me ages ago by Sonia ( on my birthday in fact!) and which I failed to accept-oh no! So thank you to Sonia for the Deborah award and to Mary for the Making smiles on faces award. This is Deborah's lovely blog here. For the smile award I have to share five things about myself.
1. I thought I couldn't cook, then I could, then I couldn't again and resorted to going to McDonald's. (this happend last night-I had a complete cooking disaster (three things burnt-thick black smoke burnt) -which was most disappointing as last weekend I had nothing but cooking success.
2.When I went to McDonald's (which is pretty rare) I kept my pajama top on and wore an odd selection of other clothes-I was hungry and wanted the 'fast' aspect of fast food. It is a drive-in and it was dark. The girl who takes the orders was also the one who takes the money-I was impressed by her multi-tasking and her polite manner.
3. Every weekend recently, there has been a sunlight window in which to take photos. It is short lived and so, whatever I am doing, I stop, whip out the camera and photograph whatever I need to that week.
4. My Chinese star sign is the snake.
5. My zodiac sign is Libra and I have Virgo rising. I have endless discussions about these things with my friend Clare. It is all fascinating!

I would like to pass these awards on to lots of people but have chosen three of them today-I am usually a bit reticent to pass them on as I worry about leaving people out but I will be bold! I have chosen people I have not passed awards on to before. ( I think)
I will pass the smile award to Amy of Sweet Sweet Life as she makes me smile almost every day with her amazing showcasing of great artists. Thanks Amy!
I will pass the Deborah award to Lynne and to Janine-thanks for being my friends!
Thanks to all my friends-I love this world we share!
In other news (that phrase always pops into my head when I am writing the blog-it makes me smile somehow-as if my life is so terribly interesting!), I watched 'New Moon' this week (loved it-I am an overgrown, middle aged teenage girl! Slightly selfish Bella appears a little less selfish in the film) , a film about Marie Antoinette with Kirsten Dunst where it appeared she had just been dropped off in 17th Century France from a shopping mall somewhere in America and given the right costumes-most strange film-I quite enjoyed it though. Today I watched 'Coco Before Chanel' which was lovely-most interesting and beautiful.





10 comments:

Anonymous said...

your going to madonalds in your pajama top made me remember a friend of my whom i once travelled with from paris to london. underneath her overcoat, she wore her satin pajamas. on the flight of course she had to remove her coat, so she was sat there in just her pajamas!

Hey Harriet said...

Congrat on your well deserved awards Sarah! I go through phases of being able to cook wonderfully and then other times nothing works out. It must be the dipping of the scales...up, down, up, down etc, for us Librans ;)

Rattling On said...

Love the dtory of the pyjama top and the nice sales girl. Have a look at...
http://freshvintage.typepad.com/freshvintage/2009/11/knickerbocker-baby-santa-vintage-ornaments-thanksgiving.html

for a lovely drive-through tale.
Well done on the much-deserved awards.

snoopydogknits said...

Congrats on the two awards! They are well deserved as your blog is always interesting and unpredictable. I love coming to visit.Ros

Gabbi said...

Lovely tag Sarah! You left me craving McDonald's :) And I love your film selections. I need to watch 'New Moon'... that whole thing is such a guilty pleasure of mine. And I also have to see the Chanel film and am a huge huge fan of Sofia's Marie. It's imperfect yet perfect at the same time.

Sending wishes for a pretty new week!

Gigi Thibodeau said...

Congratulations on the awards! I am anxious to see both of those films. I think I'm just an overgrown teenager, too. xoxo Gigi

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your awards! Sorry you are having ups and downs with your cooking! I do the same sometimes!

Tracy said...

Congratulations on your fun awards, Sarah--well done, and well deserved! :o) I'm eager to see both the Chanel films! Happy Days ((HUGS))

A.Smith said...

You deserve the lovely recognition. And those 3 films are on my list with a couple of others to watch soon, as in: as soon as I can find some uninterrupted time to do so ;)

Thank you so much for being such a good and faithful friend. Know that we both appreciate your presence in our lives. Hugs from here.

Shell said...

Congrats on your award. Marie Antoinette is one of my faves. It's so sugary and sweet to me.
I'm finally going to see New Moon this week. Can't wait!