Tuesday 18 January 2011

Thanks!

Thanks for the good luck wishes and sympathy yesterday! I thought of you all this morning and it helped me along. I got a tick (ha ha-my teaching was judged as good-an official term don't you know from ofsted. I don't know why I worry really) I am looking forward to a normal day tomorrow. I did a few more faces on tags tonight. They were inspired by the book I am reading at the moment. I am back with the Tudors again-I can't stay away for long!
The Queen's Fool by Philippa Gregory
Above are Lady Jane Grey and Queen Mary I
Lady Jane was Queen for nine days-from the 10th to the 19th July 1553. The poor thing seemed to have been used by all around her-her father in law the Duke of Northumberland being the main culprit. She spent her reign in the Tower of London. She was very scholarly. I remember one of my friends at secondary school wrote a lovely short story about her and I was really jealous and wished I had written it!
Above are Princess Elizabeth and Hannah Green-the fool of the story.

Below are the faces with water added-I used inktense pencils-they are lovely soluble ink pencils. Last night I used watercolour pencils. The inktense colours are deeper I think.





8 comments:

Leenie said...

I'm glad the observation day earned you a Good. I hope they appreciate how Good you really must be.

The royal portraits on the tags were witty and fun. I like how the soluble ink pencils worked as well or better than watercolor and brush. Looks like a great way to sketch without dragging around all the watercolor equipment.

Janine said...

I am happy everything worked out well for you at school!

Love your faces! I too am a Tudor fan!

Unknown said...

Love your faces, I too love the Tudors, haven't read this particular book will add it to my list.

jabblog said...

Well-deserved appreciation from Ofsted :-)
I like your Tudor ladies - I always enjoyed teaching Tudor history, though living in that era, no matter what your station in life, was precarious, to say the least.

Tracy said...

Hi, Sarah! Very glad all went will the with the observation and that you "passed" ;o) Hard not to worry over these big things. But it is often amazing how well things do turn out. I thing your Tudor adventure are fantastic... these face tags are beautiful! Each one has such richness of expression and texture. I'm transported! :o) Happy Day ((HUGS))

Anonymous said...

You mean you didn't get a tick, a gold star and a smiley face!! I misread face tag and thought you had been drawing on a fag (I'm tired after our day out!!) I love your drawings - it's amazing how much expression you put into the faces.

rebecca said...

these faces are stunning...
as are you!

and your new banner....
be still my heart!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that everything went well at school!