Saturday 1 January 2011

Kindle Case Tutorial

Need a case for a Kindle or similar electronic gizmo, to protect it in your handbag? Don't want to pay £50? ( I looked for cases on amazon and they were that much! There may be cheaper alternatives but I have made one instead) Very simple and I think it should be ok in normal circumstances-say in a handbag or briefcase-I would maybe use something sturdier in a case. I used fleece as it doesn't need hemming and is cushiony and soft. I was going to have card in both the pockets created by the double layers but thought it might squash the kindle. Click to enlarge the pictures if necessary.







4 comments:

Kat Mortensen said...

That's exactly the sort of fabric I'd need too, Sarah - nice and bright, so I wouldn't lose it!
Now, if I only had a Kindle. }-)

Happy New Year to you and Andy and the kits.

Kat

Candace said...

Fantastic! And very cosy too. I agree with Kat the Kindleless... if I had one, I would make this in super duper shades of similar fabrics.

kendalee said...

Brilliant Sarah - love the rainbow fleece. I have a case from amazon for my kindle (it was a Christmas gift) and I love it 'cause it's orange but I actually think I prefer yours... much more fun!

p.s. are you enjoying the kindle? I wasn't sure at first but I love it now - great for all the train travel I do and means I can save money to spend on beautiful real books for at home :)

sallybailey said...

I see another etsy shop opening soon...kindle covers could make your fortune!!!