Monday 24 January 2011

A conversation and insomnia tags

Circus girl's woolly friend is finished, so she invited her round for tea. They talked about all sorts of things, not least what had lead to the decision to grow a moustache. "Well", said Woolly lady, "I saw that Coco Rosie video and thought -"why not?" I can always remove it if I get bored!"

This piano was discussed as a possible purchase. They had never seen a piano with red keys before and thought is would add a certain something to the parlour.


Last night I think I drank too much tea myself and so couldn't sleep, even though I was in bed at a sensible time.
So in the end I got up and painted the next four tags. I only have four left in the packet now so maybe it will end there for a while. I have been reading this book, (which is great) so already had my watercolour paints out.
I took photos just after doing them and deliberately blurred some-I like this one of the paint box and the one below where I moved the camera up rapidly. It could represent insomnia!

This one is my favourite of this batch.
P.S. Can anyone help me with why my header picture is coming out tiny? It happened when I changed the picture tonight and they are all doing it. I have no idea why-something blogger has done no doubt as it has always worked fine before. Also now I have a peachy pink header which will not change despite telling it too! I am going to find out how to move to typepad!

14 comments:

Linda Sue said...

loving the "girls' In spite of everyone's inability to sleep when they should - everyone seems cheerful enough. Tags are wonderful.
I have had difficulty sometimes posting a new header- never sure how it will turn out, sometimes I have to change the photo all together.

Kat Mortensen said...

I have heard of someone else having this header image problem, Sarah. I don't think I'll play around with mine for a bit. I wonder if the main Blogger Dashboard has a report on the problem?

Too much tea, eh? I was up, thinking I smelled smoke and we were going to have to evacuate. False alarm, thank heavens!

I like Wordpress. Not sure about typepad.

Kat

Kat Mortensen said...

I just checked out typepad, but it looks like you can do a free trial, but then you have to pay at least $8.95 a month. I think I'll stick with free hosting for now.

Kat

Kat Mortensen said...

Me again. I found this on the Blogger Dashboard under "Outstanding Issues":
"Some users have reported that header images have degraded in quality after uploading. We're investigating this and will report back as soon as we have more information to share.

Thanks for your patience." — latest update on Monday, January 24,

Sarah said...

I have changed templates and at least I have got rid of the peach!It has uploaded a picture in a slightly less annoying way and looks fairly fresh so I think I will stop fiddling for now!

Sarah said...

Thanks Kat!

Janine said...

Wonderful post!
Insomnia tags...lol, great title!

Relyn Lawson said...

I love your art. LOVE IT!! Really love the 'stache. But, most of all, I love that you make the most of a bad thing.

Tracy said...

Gorgeous girls, Sarah! Your whimsical, wild world never fails to dazzle & delight! :o) ((HUGS)) P.S. the 'stache is hilarious!

Kaleido Mind said...

wow, you're so talented!! great job:)

Leenie said...

The book looks like a good one. I hope you share your watercolor skills with the kiddies. The need to not be afraid of the medium. But then, the fear isn't there at their age. I like the tag lady you like and laughed at the fuzzy lady with the mustache.

As for header pics I size mine to eight inches across and 72 dpi in Photoshop. That seems to keep them in their place pretty well.

Anonymous said...

I love the moustache!! I don't know that you would necessarily be any better off with Typepad - I often have problems. Also, after a while I was told I had used my photo allowance for that month (although I hadn't posted more than usual) - of course the solution was that I had to upgrade my package and pay more every month - however I don't mind paying, as it's not that much for the pleasure I get from writing my blog!

Sarah said...

Thanks all for lovely comments and continuing advice! I looked just now and the photo is now huge! I think I will stay with blogger for now as I think changing would be too hard for me!

Helen McCookerybook said...

Fantastic piano Sarah! I think you should make room for it.......
xx