Thursday 27 January 2011

Forest School Conversation

I had another post ready for today but have decided to show you this instead. This was a lovely moment of my day. We were at Forest School, and the two boys doing the talking were busily digging at the bottom of the biggest tree we have. They were both looking for treasure and had found a stone that was hard to dig up. They were also finding lots of little roots. One of the boys intends to dig up the tree so he can move it somewhere else! The other little conversation about the onion was when another child showed me a daffodil bulb. I placed the camera on the floor as I didn't want them to realise I was filming-I was trying to catch their conversation as I couldn't write fast enough! If you point the camera at them they start posing and stop doing what they were doing so you have to be subtle! As it is just their feet I thought it would be ok to show.

9 comments:

Kat Mortensen said...

Aw, this was like one of those little episodes on Teletubbies! Loved it!

Kat

Leenie said...

Great little video! So fun to catch the kiddies in their natural habitat. Youngsters that age have such excellent imaginations and such a fresh and full-of-wonder view of the world.

I also love the galoshes.

Linda Sue said...

Good and quick thinking Sarah- catch them being little.Catch them being inventive! Sweet little video.

Tracy said...

Oh, this is sooo sweet! What charmers & so clever too! :o) Happy Weekend, Sarah ((HUGS))

Rattling On said...

Lovely! Wouldn't dare film the lot I work with, it'd be one long beep. It's more interesting for only being able to see their feet!
PS Loving the new style blog.

jabblog said...

Wonderful! Nothing can top the confidence of a small child who's convinced he can dig up a huge tree! I love the way children's conversations often sound surreal.

snoopydogknits said...

Love it! There'as always some funny little conversation that brightens the day with little ones. Do let us know when he successfully moves the tree ;-) Hope you have a lovely weekend. Ros

Noelle Clearwater said...

Sarah,
I happened upon this lovely post of yours. I so rarely have the opportunity to hear conversation among English children that isn't in some film. It was lovely to hear them talking this way, so imaginatively and sweetly believing that they were able to perform such magic as moving a tree with a small trowel. We should all be able to believe in such magical powers shouldn't we? The world would be a much brighter place. Lovely post.
~Noelle

Anonymous said...

So cute!