Lovely Gabbi of Felinofelice gave me an award the other day. Thank you Gabbi! It is an award with questions-a strange mixture of questions which I will briefly answer now.
1. Why did you create the blog?
2. What kind of blogs do you follow?
3. Favourite make-up brand?
4. Favourite clothing brand?
5. Your indispensable make-up product.
6. Your favourite colour?
7. Your perfume?
8. Your favourite film?
9. What country would you like to visit and why?
10. Make the last question and answer to yourself.
1. I created the blog because I was inspired to do so by lovely blogs I had discovered. I wanted somewhere to share the things I make. When we first got the internet my sister installed stumbleupon, and through that I found lots of art blogs and through them discovered online courses and groups. The whole thing kind of grew altogether. So from being someone who thought they did not need the internet, and had only heard of blogs vaguely, and thought they must be for egocentric show offs, I turned into the cyber addict I am today! (Thanks for all the comments on that yesterday-I replied in the comment section-unusually for me I know! I did enjoy my internet holiday but wouldn't want to make a habit of it! I have nearly finished my scarf though so I did get something done!)
2. The first blogs I was interested in were all art blogs in some way, but now that is not the case. I like blogs which talk about people's lives in a way that is particular to them-the fun thing about knowing lots of different people-in blog land like in every day life. I like some which are wordy, and others which are just pictures. I am a sucker for a beautiful picture. I love the way that people's personalities come out through what they write and show.
3. I do not have a favourite make-up brand-I am not really a make-up person though I do wear a bit of eyeshadow and lipstick-currently lipstain-a marvellous invention which looks like red food colouring and just adds a bit of colour. My current eyeshadow is clinique.
4. I don't have a favourite clothing brand and am definitely not into labels. I buy clothes from charity shops quite often and occassionally alter these. I shop in Next a lot as their jeans fit me and they have quite interesting tops. Other than that it is sporadic shopping in TK Maxx and the odd visit to other shops-but none of them very expensive. Having said that I do worry quite a lot about clothes and like to try to wear things that look good-though I am never sure if I do or not!
5. My indispensable make-up product-well make-up for the hair-is hair dye-I am not ready to go grey yet. I want that kind of white grey hair eventually but at the moment have not got that!
7. Allure Sensuelle by Chanel at the moment-delicious!
8. "Withnail and I". I have watched that film so many times I know it off by heart but I still love it!
9. That place where Gulliver goes-the place with the tiny people-it would fulfill all my miniature dreams! Is it Brobdingnag? Something like that!
10. Why does the shower curtain keep falling down?
I don't know, but I am working on it! (Every day! It is annoying me. Tonight I cleaned the walls with perfume (not Allure!) as I thought it would act like spirit and get rid of any grease. I shall know tomorrow as it waits until we are out)
I didn't know what the award was called so I went back and back from person to person to find out. I thought I might get back to the beginning so became a bit obsessed with following the trail as I was curious. However, because of a couple of non-back-linking award receivers I never did. The trail led me through lots of fashion blogs which was fun, then eventually back to lots of Spanish blogs. The award was originally called 'Me Encanta Tu Blog'-I love your blog, and had a little Sponge Bob logo to go with it, or 'Bob le Ponge' as they call him in France!
Right, the part of blog awards I don't like and the part I always and shall continue not to do, is the choosing just 10. So please, if you fancy answering a few questions, please accept this award! I love all of your blogs so I would happily choose any of you!
I just don't like to post without a picture, so here is Cassie's beautiful eye!