Tuesday 16 March 2010

Inspiring Words-Nature

Nature-all around, free, beautiful and inspiring, what could be better? Today was Forest School day, and I love the way the children are so excited to collect what is basically a basket of twigs, dirt and dead leaves. Welcome to my world kids!
Lovely nature quotes....
The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere where they can be quiet, alone with the heavens, nature and God. Because only then does one feel that all is as it should be and that God wishes to see people happy, amidst the simple beauty of nature.
Anne Frank

Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature. It will never fail you.
Frank Lloyd Wright

Nature will bear the closest inspection. She invites us to lay our eye level with her smallest leaf, and take an insect view of its plain.
Henry David Thoreau

Let children walk with Nature, let them see the beautiful blendings and communions of death and life, their joyous inseparable unity, as taught in woods and meadows, plains and mountains and streams of our blessed star, and they will learn that death is stingless indeed, and as beautiful as life.
John Muir

There is nothing pleasanter than spading when the ground is soft and damp.
John Steinbeck

The day I see a leaf is a marvel of a day.
Kenneth Patton

There is a way that nature speaks, that land speaks. Most of the time we are simply not patient enough, quiet enough, to pay attention to the story.
Linda Hogan

Yiota is posting her words of inspiration all this week.



8 comments:

Lynne said...

Yes, nature. I am inspired by it all the time, yet I hadn't given it a thought for this project!
The quote by Anne Frank is touching.

Shell said...

Beautiful quotes.Nature in all forms from a garden to a forest to the ocean is healing and inspiring.

Candace said...

This post is so appreciated. I just walk out and have at it. How sad that many people are growing up with NO connection whatsoever to the world and its mystery and beauty.
I like that you are working with these kids who still see that mystery and beauty. Love that basket!
Candace x

frayed at the edge said...

Perhaps the world would be a better place if children were taught more about nature and the rhythm of life!!

Tracy said...

These words to lift and inspire, Sarah... I'm a nature girl! :o) LOVE your new banner with the threads details--marvelous! Happy Days ((HUGS))

Yiota said...

Lynne said it all for me today.
I was watching a film earlier today where a couple from New York saw a crear, starry sky for the first time in their lives! How could that be? Nature is everywhere. It's life itself.

A.Smith said...

My temple, my religion, my cherished beliefs are rooted in Nature. The promise of ever lasting life is simply guarded inside an acorn. And because as you know we grow antique garden roses, I am fond of saying that it took a million generation of roses to create the one we look at today. Mother Nature, beautiful and generous, just like you, my dear friend.

jabblog said...

Nature is the greatest healer in all her different aspects.
I really like the quotations you've selected.