Thursday 18 March 2010

Inspiring Words-Light

Lots of my photos are related to playing with light-I love that blurry effect of light as a camera moves-on purpose or by accident. I love times of day where the light is special-sunrise and sunset. One of the best exhibitions I ever saw at the Tate Modern was this one-amazing and awe inspiring, creating the sun in a building. I had fun blurring these little tealights by moving my camera up and down, side to side and around. In the middle is a little wax coated block person that went quite well with the buildings.
Pretty lamps, Christmas lights, lantern parades-all beautiful.
Someone after my own heart is moving into the bungalow. They have a pile of boxes to unpack but have got out the lamp and the fairy lights first, as these seem more important than anything else.
Rainbows-nature playing with light!
Fun, fun, fun!
Lovely light quotes-

"Moonlight is sculpture." ~Nathaniel Hawthorne

"You can't have a light without a dark to stick it in."~Arlo Guthrie

"There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it."
~Edith Wharton

"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in their true beauty is revealed only if there is light from within."
~Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

"The sun is nature's Prozac." ~Astrid Alauda

"Ideas are to literature what light is to painting."-Paul Bourget

"We see light, not dark. But it is in the dark that we feel goblins and ghosts."- Rex Brandt
Visit Yiota for more inspiring words.



4 comments:

Yiota said...

I like Wharton's quote and all your playing with light. You have an eye for it!
As for colours, yes, love them, too.

Lynne said...

Lovely, lovely quotes and I particularly like the last mosaic.

frayed at the edge said...

I'll have to try wiggling the camera!! Have a good weekend, love, Anne

→lisa said...

Your candlelight photos are lots of fun - I like it when photos come out all blurry and strange. Otherworldly.

(and boo! I wanted to move into that bungalow! Looks like I missed my chance :/ ))