Sunday 4 July 2010

Where Has The Weekend Gone?

Into the magical but time consuming world of Photoshop Elements which is just so addictive! Following my course, I keep discovering more and more aspects of the programme that I love. I have now bought Susan Tuttle's book Digital Expressions and already it has sent me off on another learning journey! Talking of which, I have been given the go ahead for my idea for more exciting reporting to parents so I am most happy about that. And, I can use photoshop to make it even more fun. Creating vignettes using the marquee tool and the select inverse thingamy. So ghostly! This is a building along the river-I think it was a hospital-it is a really pretty building.

This is using the marquee tool and then I held control down and you can move the selected part around. I discovered this one by accident!

This is a truly horrid picture, but it illustrates using the magnetic lassoo tool and repeatedly layering the object onto a background, then resizing. I am sure it has a use!



Another garish image-using the paint fill tool. The same below.


I have been trying to make my own textures to use as a layer, and that is largely what today has been taken up by. (That and tidying!) This is a small pile of postcards and I can't remember exactly what I did to them. It is layered on a sea picture.



This is a lady from a cigar box, string on my picture frame and a picture of beautiful script from an old King Penguin book I have got.

This is one of my textures. Please feel free to try it if you like. It is the same lady from the cigar box. Actually, I am not sure you could call it a texture-but you can certainly use it as a layer. Not being an expert on these things I don't know much about sizes, but hopefully it would download ok.


This is the postcard one-again, please feel free to borrow it to try if you want. If you did by any chance, I would love to see the result!
The other photoshop job this weekend is isolating the children's heads so I can make end of term cards for them with their favourite characters with their own face on! I am going to do a survey tomorrow.

14 comments:

Gabbi said...

I love you work and your photoshop experiments dear Sarah! I swear I've tried using it before but it was too hard for me. I managed to make one moving gif but then couldn't replicate the effect!

Hope you're having a lovely Sunday!♥

Diane Rooney said...

Oh I'm so excited about this! I'm an addict too. Totally get what you're doing. Love the postcard one and also the vignette at the top. Fantastic, Sarah and so creative.

Emm said...

I absolutely love the cigarbow girl. It's vintage and amazing!
It would look perfect on a pillow. :)

check out my blog?
emmjustlovely.blogspot.com

snoopydogknits said...

Your Photoshop experiments are just brilliant! When I make the time, I must get to know the program better. You've inspired me. Have a good week! Ros

BonnyBadger said...

great photoshop work! you are learning fast!

MyMaracas said...

I really, really have to find out how to use Photoshop. Love the I Went Down to the Sea one.

Leenie said...

Ooooo! I put down the cash to upgrade my Photoshop. So worth it. Only bad thing is too many toys and not enough time.

The results of your experiments look like you were having a super good time! Hope you get Monday off so you can play some more.

Unknown said...

Very interesting photos, I've never tried Photoshop before but I am sure it will be addictive once I get hold of it.

Unknown said...

wow, what you are doing on photoshop is great.

The photos all look so interesting

Anonymous said...

These are fabulous!! maybe if someone could give me an extra day in the week I could do something like that!!

Candace said...

Fantastic, Sarah. I am going into the Land of Photoshop as well, not putting it in use just yet... it's fun, and you are doing such a grand job.
Love that new banner.
Take care!
Candace

Anonymous said...

love working with postcards and photoshop and have been putting the two together..hope you are having fun, you look as if you arexlynda
http://chocolatelifeandjazz.blogspot.com
and
http://tryingtocreatearteveryday.blogspot.com

rebecca said...

dear sarah,
i love what you are doing here...
lovely the "on the sofa cuddling the cat"..
gorgeous colour, rich with feeling.

thank you for sharing...

Anne said...

Hi, Sarah! What fun! I have got to get me this book! :-)