Friday 23 July 2010

Done!




Last day loveliness! Completed lists and beautiful cakes. Bear, wine, flowers, chocolate, a visit from a pupil from years ago and his two brothers, and his very sweet Mum who came to say thanks. Curry, Lord of the Rings DVDs (Andy's choice but I quite like them) and a bit of light internet use, then bed. I would like to sleep for a month, but will be up early doing boring housework. I think.
I have recently found both of these blogs, and I think they are a fun contrast.
The first, A Collection a Day, is interesting in the content of the collections and makes me feel good about how many things I have. (In that I am not alone!)
The second, Unclutterer, is full of great advice, and is going to help me in my de-cluttering aims over the holiday. I read a thing about getting rid of one thing a day on this blog recently and have a growing charity shop pile before I have even officially started!
Also, visit Rebecca here for lovely Haikus. The haiku spirit has left me this week but I am looking forward to visiting the others!

13 comments:

snoopydogknits said...

HOORAY!!We made it! This evening is just the 'best'...... the whole of the summer break stretching out ahead. Enjoy!!! Ros

Kat Mortensen said...

See, I told you it would come! Congratulations! Now pour yourself a glass of wine and put your feet up. You deserve it!

P.S. Your book is in the post!

Kat

BonnyBadger said...

have a nice holiday!

→lisa said...

Congratulations! I hope you have a nice, relaxing summer.

I like that the last item on your list has four exclamation marks, heh.

Unknown said...

Well done, have a great break.
Relax, read a book, and have a nice glass of whatever is your favourite.

Mary S. Hunt said...

yay
i love the clouds pictures too!
i am a cloud watcher myself

Unknown said...

Yummy! Such a beautiful cake, Have a sweet weekend!

rebecca said...

sarah i am thrilled for you! i cannot wait to see what will fill your creative days of summer!!!

xoxoxoxo,
rebecca

Anonymous said...

Have fun with the decluttering - you will feel better, honest!! I felt so much better when I did my wardrobe, and finally removed the clothes I knew I would never fit into again ......

Linda Sue said...

I would so love to pop in and waste the day with you now that your time is your own! While decluttering- be mindful- I went on a rampage and am now a bit sorry though I have surfaces!

Gabbi said...

Finished the 'to do' list?! Congrats dear Sarah! :) also, the cake looks delicious. Love strawberries on almost anything.

Inday said...

Colourful, unique and all are pretty!

Australia

Anonymous said...

Wow..that cake looks so good!