Monday 19 July 2010

Red and Green

This weekend passed really quickly, and now Monday is nearly over. I went on a course with Clare yesterday, where we made altered books-well-altered books that had already been made. Hers is great-you can see it here! I have not done anything like that before so it was interesting. I have nearly finished my book, but have no pictures to show yet. Maybe tomorrow! Thanks for all the lovely comments on Frida-her head is swelling!
These few pictures all have red and green in them. I went to the shops at lunchtime to get a sandwich. Walking in front of me is Elizabeth 1st. I am always seeing her walking around Woolwich-she has the most amazing red curly hair-just like the Queen! It was too good a chance to miss for a photo-though I would love a proper one of her face-maybe I will be brave one day and ask her-but it just seems such a weird thing to do!
I have put Elizabeth on the lamp post in this one!

A little oil painting from Rochester.

An old fashioned weighing machine-with a lovely speckled green paint finish.
The Dickens Cafe with a red sun shade.


8 comments:

Mary S. Hunt said...

all these pictures are fabulous
frieda is amazing!!!!!!!!!
get to work on the book!

Unknown said...

look forward to seeing the book,
Elizabeth 1st, wow her hair is a magnificent colour. I'm with you, I would have to pluck up courage to ask her for a front view.

Love the pic of Elizabeth on the lamp post.

Kaylovesvintage said...

sounds like a great day

jabblog said...

I looked at Clare's book - lovely! I'm looking forward to seeing what you've done.
(My middle daughter's flat is in Crouch End but she's let it as she's living somewhere else now!)

Kathryn said...

I do love the green/red old-school scale, it's pretty sweet!

Can't wait to see pics of the book! :D

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to seeing your book! Love the red and green theme - I may have to borrow that for a future post!

BonnyBadger said...

great red and green snaps!

Bimbimbie said...

Smiling at Elizabeth on the lamp*!*