Sunday 11 July 2010

Little Paintings and Links-PSE and Bamboo Pens!

I put away the computer today, for at least three hours! I have had these three little canvasses for a while now, planning to do some little faces on them.

I love getting the children in my class to make faces, showing the expressions of the characters in stories we are reading. It is of course educational, but also really funny. They look so sweet doing little grumpy faces, in fact one of them was doing it so well I was actually worried about her for a second! These three all look a bit grumpy too.
I have a cardboard tube on the table which has not yet been put into the recycling, or my growing bag of stuff for school. I put the lens into it to take these, and like the effect.


Bamboo Pen graphics tablet. You can get a pen and touch one, but it is more expensive and I am finding using the mouse pad on my laptop, in conjunction with the pen, fine. It is very easy to use and to set up.
Kim Klassen-the first course I did was by her, and was really good.
Digital Expressions by Susan Tuttle. It comes with a CD with a small but good selection of textures, photos and brushes and has lots of good ideas. I am not sure if I would have understood it without the Kim Klassen class, as that covers the basics of photoshop elements and once you have that then you can play! The book does explain things very well though.

13 comments:

Bimbimbie said...

Thanks for the info Sarah, I'll follow
your links, I would like to give it another go.

I like your porthole girls, they have a 1920's Agatha Christie look about them ... you could have a lot of fun imagining all sorts of scenarios for the trio*!*

Janine said...

These are wonderful...you are so creative!

Candace said...

These are wonderful! The colours are particular nice on these. I especially like Natalie.

I will follow these links and I already have Digital Expressions saved for me at the local B&N. Thanks so much for sharing!
Such fun.
Take care.
Candace X

Hey Harriet said...

Those little paintings are adorable. I think I like grumpy best. Because I can relate well to grumpy :)

Anonymous said...

I love your girls - well, we all get grumpy sometimes! Have a good week - I guess you must be counting down to the holidays now!

Unknown said...

I love the girls, and I like grumpy too..

the porthole girls are cute

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Love the view through the tube, very mysterious!

parisa mahmoudi said...

I love Julianne!!! :)
and thanks dear Sara for the links.
Have a beautiful time
Parisa

P.S.about air conditioning,yes,without it I might die! ;)

Sam said...

Oh! They're so pretty Sarah!

Victoria said...

Beautiful and enchanting..gorgeous work!
Kiki~

Linda Sue said...

Sarah- your little girl's are wonderful- They sort of challenge us to "make me smile, I dare you!" I guess I am back home now- I feel like your little girls peering in through at tunnel with a not so happy expression...

Anne said...

Hi, Sarah! Fun paintings! I love the view through the cardboard tube! :-)