Saturday 24 July 2010

Shadow Shot Sunday and Felty Doodling

Last Sunday in North London. Archway tube has this building towering above it. The Queens is a pub in Crouch End, where we were last Sunday, visiting Clare and Gary. While Clare and I made our books, Andy and Gary visited second hand record shops and pubs. We met in The Queens for a drink and food before returning to South London.

Today while cleaning, I saw the shadow below, and, as I snapped it, also took this one of my hands. Both photos make me think of some kind of creature.



Felty doodlings as we watched the very last part of Lord of the Rings. Don't felt whilst looking at the tv would be good advice. I stabbed myself very spectacularly while doing that!
For more shadows from around the world, visit HeyHarriet here!

13 comments:

Chubskulit Rose said...

Vivid shadows, nice!

Shadow Shots

Sylvia K said...

Great shadow shots for the day and a nice varity as well! Hope you're enjoying a great weekend!

Sylvia

Ralph said...

The Queens looks like my (American) iteration of a British pub with the arched windows outside and a rich, dark interior. And 20 ounce pints (bigger than the US) of Double Diamond or McEwan's. Someday I'll make it to London and experience a real pub...

Mary S. Hunt said...

great building shots!!!
the shadow reminds me of an alligator...

Unknown said...

Great shadow shots. Well done, and it's not a good idea to do felting while watching TV. Felt looks great.

Anonymous said...

i like the shadows you have captured. like clouds, they can take lots of imaginative forms.

Linda Sue said...

Radio or podcasts are good for felting, music, of course...Your embellishments are interesting , colourful- love them! While felting when i first started I stabbed all the way through my finger including the nail,( during the elections, mind you- probably why I was so very forceful)! Oh MY, it is a wonder that I picked the needle up again and started pounding ...ptsd, for sure! RESPECT the needle!

BLOGitse said...

I miss British pub feeling...
Happy SSS from Casablanca!


BLOGitsePHOTOS

Hey Harriet said...

Ouch! Stabbing yourself while watching films does not sound fun! Silly goose! A great set of photos. Have a lovely week Sarah :)

A Wild Thing said...

Was curious about what was a felt doodling...ahhhh...love the shots of London!

Cassie said...

Great ShadowShots...Love the starkness of the highrise shadows.

Can you tell me how to felt in a few easy lessons?? I yearn to learn!! Does one need to be clever? I save my Airedale and Welsh Terrier's hair in hopes.

Anonymous said...

I love your felty doodles - I've just spent the day sitting next to a professional felter - needless to say I picked her brain for a few tips!!

BonnyBadger said...

amazed by felting efforts! you'll have to show me how to do it!