Monday 26 July 2010

Barbecue!


We went to my brother's yesterday for a barbecue, and to look at how he is progressing on his house. He has mainly been clearing the inside, but not a lot else. He has done lots of work outside-clearing and then building a 'shed'-which is bigger than our bedroom! It uses the space well-and is a geat workshop and storage space. There is this lovely view from the front of the building. There were lots of swallows around yesterday. We played scrabble and had delicious food. He cooked the onions on top of the chiminea!

I have been really good today and done most of the work I had to do. I much prefer to get it out of the way now, as my brain takes some time to get back into work mode at the end of the summer, and at the moment it is still in it!
Cassie didn't go to the vets in the end as I forgot about the not eating before an operation rule, so she is re-booked for Thursday!

13 comments:

Linda Sue said...

Yum! You could rent out that shed! Superior construction! Chiminea- at first i thought onions cooked on top of what must be English for Hamburger- Duh-American's are SO....
I will burn a candle for the lady bits of Cassie on Thursday and hope that all goes well for the little muffin. I send kitty love!

Leenie said...

Nice shed. Great barbecue. I'll bet the neighbors' noses were jealous. Good luck getting that job done before vacation. Best wishes for the kitty's recovery.

Gabbi said...

Nice shed is right, how great to be able to construct a home. Also, I love the idea of cooking over the chimney!

Lots of love and getting well soon wishes after the vets visit to Cassie... George was out of it for days after he was 'fixed'. Really stressed me out since he was just a kitten at the time.

Also, I'm very much going to find the book you recommended Sarah! :) Maybe it'll help me figure out why George is such a box addict?

Hope you're having a great week!

Erratic Thoughts said...

Ooh! I can smell that barbecue.
Lovely shed :)
Poor cassie!
Onions on top of the chiminea- I could use that, hmm what a nice idea.
~Cheers
Fellow Blogger :)

Unknown said...

Yum, barbecue. I too could smell those onions cooking.
No chance of a BBQ here at the moment, very cold and wet...

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm -we have some lovely M&S burgers in the freezer - we just need the weather. Good looking shed - it's amazing what you can do with one .... Malcolm's younger sister now has one that looks like an old fashioned railway carriage as a home office. Malcolm is still painting our summerhouse - it's looking good!

Lynne said...

Looks as though you had a lovely time. Sounds as though your brother has a lot to do on his house. Those arches look nice.
A reprieve for Cassie for a day or so.
Be great not to have that work hanging over you. Now you can get on with enjoying your break.

jabblog said...

It was barbecue weather at the weekend :-) Can't believe Cassie's old enough for the 'alteration'! Aww!

Elizabeth said...

Hope Cassie will do well.
Much better for them really, poor things.
She is such a lovely cat!

christina said...

those red onions look yummy!
i love the view of the church. i can hear the lovely bells from here. : )
xo

Relyn Lawson said...

Linda Sue is cracking me up. that threw me a bit, too. Your post made me long for a lingering visit with my own brother. I think I'll call him...

Thanks.

BonnyBadger said...

looks nice!

Anonymous said...

His shed looks really nice! I'm glad that you guys had a good time! I love to cook out!