Sunday 13 February 2011

Woolly Menagerie

Craft day number four with Clare and Cleo produced some animals. Clare also made a Valentine's card and did some drawing-she works fast! I made this sheep-it does look kind of sheepish and a bit cowlike. I like its smiling face.
Clare made the little sheep-it was her first go at needle felting and she didn't enjoy it much. She also didn't like the sheep, so he now lives here with the bigger one! I
think he is quite cute. Cleo made the lion-posed with a robin she made earlier. I like his yellow mane-he looks as if he is from the seventies to me.

10 comments:

snoopydogknits said...

Your little felted animals are beautiful! Hope you have a good week. Ros

Sam said...

They are darling! I especially love the two little sheep: yours and Clare's! I've always thought about felting but have never got round to it.

Linda Sue said...

That is a great way to spend the day. I very nearly made it to the studio today but....had to take a long Dexter walk and then come home and eat everything in the house. Anyway, well done you. the lion is so adorable.

Anonymous said...

I love the sheep - they look just like the ones I can see from my window as I type this!!

Tracy said...

These woolies are just too CUTE, Sarah! That smiling sheep just melts the heart...*sigh*... This post says HAPPY to me. :o) Happy Valentine's Day, my friend ((HUGS))

Leenie said...

Yes your smiling sheep is a sweetheart. It appears like your good nature comes out in your craft work. Felting and sculpting wool looks like a fun way to spend a day. Love all the little creatures.

Linda Sue said...

Yes Sarah- you guessed correctly- the header is a chinese scene in glass against our very dirty window. I like the dirty window effect.

Anonymous said...

Very cute!

rochambeau said...

LOVE!!!!

Kat Mortensen said...

I love them all!

Kat