Wednesday 16 February 2011

Quick Fix





I visited Lynne's blog the other day and saw that she had been painting more tags, which made me want to do a few more. I have now finished the packet of 20 tags and they are all in the little cellophane packet waiting. Andy asked me what they were for-good question but I don't know really. Apart from to make me happy doing them, they are not really for anything. Lynne is going to put hers on one of those metal rings as a book. I like that idea and may do that too. I may attempt to sell them in my Etsy shop or I may use them as gift tags. I think they are may be a bit sombre for that, although two of tonight's are almost smiling. I bought another packet of tags. I may have a different theme for those-not sure yet-I thought maybe flowers, insects or maybe both combined. I love using the gouache paints on them as the colours are so intense. Tonight I used black, white, brown pink, rose pink, lemon yellow, yellow ochre and my favourite out of the colours I have got-cool grey. It is a bluey/greeney grey and makes mouthwatering greens when mixed with lemon yellow. I used a charcoal pencil to sketch the faces first.

8 comments:

Kat Mortensen said...

Hello, Sarah! I love your tags and although perhaps a bit sombre-looking, i would be delighted to have any of them on a gift.

Is the one on the right a pussy-cat? I think the nose and mouth look very feline.

Hope you and Andy are well.

Kat

Leenie said...

Fun little works of art they are. Have you ever done ACEO's? (Art Cards, Editions and Originals)--if you don't know what they are there is plenty of info on the web.

My Vegan Life said...

These tags are wonderful!love them!=)visitng you fro www.peacefullychaoticblogspot.com

rebecca said...

loving your "quick fix"...
now where are my paints???

Tracy said...

Little masterpieces, Sarah! These are really wonderful. I especially love the one with red background. Yes, do add some to your shop! I am fascinated by works on small scale... I guess that's why jewelry making delights. ;o) Happy Day ((HUGS))

Janine said...

I think you should try all of those ideas! I love them they make me happy! I have to buy some more. I still haven't found mine, darn it!

I love how these turned out Sarah!

Anonymous said...

I think you should frame them - either singly or all of them in a big frame.

Anonymous said...

They are so cute!