Sunday 20 February 2011

Daffy-down-dilly, dolly and feet.


“Daffy-down-dilly came up in the cold, Through the brown mould. Although the March breeze blew keen on her face. Although the white snow lay in many a place.”
Anna B. Warner
I always think the words Daffy-down-dilly when I see a daffodil, but did not know where the they came from. The daffodils on my windowsill are from Jenny yesterday, and were so bright against the dull day outside-as if light was coming from them.

I have spent this afternoon carrying on with my travelling doll project doll. I have made cloth covers for her feet and legs and padded her bottom! I didn't realise what expression there can be in a bottom until today!






This shot just makes me laugh! She looks like a dancer to me-though who knows what she will turn out to be.
Eight feet in red, brown, black and white.

8 comments:

rebecca said...

yes,
how sweet to watch her take form!
your snow drops...are our snowflakes.
all weekend the snow has not stopped!
it is a silent perfect white!

Leenie said...

I didn't know that verse to Daffy-Down Dilly. Very nice.

It's fun to see the little dancer take form. Such fine work and such nice stitches. She should be proud of her new feet and bottom.

Laughed at the eight feet.

Anonymous said...

I love her bottom - very Beyonce!!

Tracy said...

haha... padded bottom! She does look like she could dance at any moment, very animated! I love seeing this work in progress, Sarah... this is very fun :o) Happy Week ((HUGS))

jabblog said...

An expressive bottom - how lovely! I do like her feet, too - they really are sweet. I can't wait to see how she develops.

Linda Sue said...

Always difficult to tell what they will turn out to be- I start out with an idea and by the end the creation is nothing at all what I envision- it's usually better. I like how you build the bones of your dolls. I don't use armature in my needle felted peeps- Mostly because i break too many needles if I bump into wire.
Kitty with eight feet! CUte! beautiful kitty beautiful carpet!

Anairam said...

The doll is going to turn out really interesting! Have you decided on her travelling clothes yet? Oh, and thank you for that link - it IS good, isn't it? An envelope village! Yes, I also wish I had thought of it. But my brain can think no creative thoughts these days. It is on strike, punishing me for keeping it busy with maths and science...

Anonymous said...

Cannot wait to see how your doll turns out! Cute kitty picture!