Tuesday 29 December 2009

On The Sofa

My sofa and other sofas in other people's houses have seen rather a lot of me recently. DFS are trying to sell me sofas by giving me endless booklets picturing them. Out of these circumstances the 'On The Sofa' series came. It is as simple as it seems. I have a few more sofas stuck down and will continue to fill them over new year.
The carambar caramel that came from the paper acting as the rug in number one was delicious!
Number two-reading a Christmas book. This year I was lucky to receive two books. One is about teaching art and how to talk about paintings to children-it looks very interesting. The other is a great step by step photographic cook book from my Mum who was most sympathetic about my recent cooking disasters. It makes things look very easy. We shall see!
Number three is what sofas are perfect for-cuddling-in this case a cat! Not sure what happened to the legs in this one though!

The last few days have been hectic and I have not had the time to visit all of my lovely blog friends. I hope to do so after the new year! I wish you all a very happy new year and all the best for 2010! Make sure to spend some quality time on sofas!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Sarah that was awesome lady...Love it...

xoxoxoxox

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah - another good idea - much better than simply throwing them in the recycle!! Best wishes to you and Andy for the New Year. Love, from Anne and Malcolm

Anairam said...

I love this series! COllage and drawing mixed - one of my favourite things! Happy 2010 to you too!

Lynne said...

Hi Sarah,
Happy new year to you when it comes.
Thank you for being such a great internet friend.
xxx

Renee said...

I love the sofa pictures, how cool.

Well my girl is not on the sofa she is beside me on a ledge in ther nice blue stripped outfit.

I love her and she says Happy New Year.

Love Renee xoxo

Gabbi said...

I love your sofa inspired art Sarah!! Gorgeous... also, I need some new sofas. :)

Anonymous said...

These are beautiful! Love it!

Relyn Lawson said...

Ooohhh... I really like your sofa art. Fun idea.

Deirdra Doan said...

I have been off blogs for weeks..catching up on yours..I love your little sketches and couch pictures..Such a wonderful figures!