Tuesday 8 December 2009

Clown Doll

I have done hands for this doll but feet were beyond me! He sits ok though. I made his jumper from a knitted tube, his trousers from some fabric given to me by Anne, his jacket from some musical note fabric and his hat from felt. I used some of Anne's lovely wool for his hair-it is just the colour I wanted! (Thanks Anne!) I love the part of doll making where all the little details are added and the doll's personality really comes out.
I think he looks quite kind-I am glad he came out like that and not scary at all.
I had thought of a name for him but it has gone out of my head! Andy suggested Piccolo which I quite like but that was not it. Maybe it will come back to me. If anyone has any suggestions I would be interested to see them.


9 comments:

Unknown said...

He is wonderful. Maybe El Maestro'

xoxoxox

Sarah said...

Thanks Sonia!

Sam said...

What a fella! What about Sandro?

kendalee said...

Nothing springs immediately to mind in the way of names but I'll mull it over during the course of the day... In the meantime just to say that I'm not usually a fan of clowns but he is lovely! He does have a kind face and that makes ALL the difference. Plus, very cool outfit!

Also, I LOVE your advent calendar. I get really excited waiting to see what the next one will be. So far I think the sign angel from yesterday is my fave but everyone has made me smile - so clever :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Sarah - when you mentioned the name for your clown, I thought of the song 'The Carnival is Over' by the Seekers, but I couldn't remember the name of the clown that is mentioned. However, thanks to Google, I found them on Youtube singing away (what a beautiful voice Judith has) and the clown is called Pierrot! Lovely to see my contribution - and he is a kind looking clown, not at all scary! I'm going back to listen to the rest of the Seekers' song, love Anne

Mary S. Hunt said...

he is fabulous
what personality he has!!!
doesn't need feet

Kat Mortensen said...

I like Piccolo too, but I'm sure you had a good one and I'm looking forward to hearing what he is ultimately named.
I'm not a big fan of clowns, but yours does look nice!

Lovely Christmas lights at the top!

Kat

snoopydogknits said...

Oh he's really lovely; such a kind and gentle face. I can't stop looking at him.....he sits beautifully too! How have you made the little snowy flakes appear? Ros

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful doll! You are so creative!