Thursday 17 December 2009

Oddments and Advent Calendar

Click on the number to open the door..

Snow cloud over the playground. Party shoes. L. had a fantastic outfit on-a felted dress and jacket with attached flowers in the colours of turquoise, orange and green. It was beautiful! Her shoes are great aren't they?
Beautiful Brown Anne has got a poll on her blog, asking people to vote on their favourite colour. Mine is turquoise and it is not on the list so I didn't vote. However, I am going to go back and vote for brown today. Last time I looked it had no votes. Poor brown, it needs my support!
I did not like brown in clothes for a number of years as my school uniform was that colour and put me off. Then one day, I realised how much I like it. I had a lovely brown seventies shirt that was one of my favourite things for ages and which looked good with a turquiose necklace-brown compliments turquiose so well-another reason to love it.
All my Christmas presents are wrapped in brown paper this year-easy, simple, cheap and looks good with a bit of sparkly gold on the tags and a bit of brown or red ribbon.



12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want those shoes!!!!!

Renee said...

I am so behind it is terrible.

xoxox

snoopydogknits said...

Oh those shoes are so sweet! Love the brown wrappings. I like plain wrapping paper livened up with shiny. It always looks good. Fab Advent pic today. Have a great weekend..... and Christmas holiday! Hooray! Ros

Unknown said...

I Love Brown also...Pictures are awesome as always dear Sarah.

xoxoxox

jabblog said...

It is so lovely to see children in their party clothes (though sometimes they're a terrible mistake . . . ) It shows them in a completely different light - always made me look afresh at them.
Gorgeous shoes!

Linda Sue said...

YES! Browns this year are wonderful! I am using it as well- looks good with every bit of sparkle I can muster! Those shoes are happy!

Anairam said...

I love brown. When I get tired of my usual black, charcoal or grey clothes, I wear brown. Have to have a bit of colour, hey?

A.Smith said...

I love brown but it must be the right brown. Our kitchen walls are painted brown and believe it or not the name of the paint is Grandma's Fudge but we didn't know the name when we bought it! I love chocolate brown and that brown that is mostly cafe au lait than brown as well.

Good choice for wrapping paper, now let the children go at it with crayons once the packages are wrapped. I did that one year after wrapping the presents in grocery bags paper (it was an ecological challenge among a group I once belonged to)and we were supposed to use only raffia to tie them and everything was kind of dull to me and so I gave the box of crayons to the children, and it was magic.

Never seen adults so carefully unwrapping anything, little works of art that they all kept.

Shell said...

I like brown. There are so many shades of brown that you can wear and it goes with everything.
I do enjoy your advent calendar. I enjoy clicking on to see what you will show next.

Anonymous said...

I love those shoes! I actually like brown. I prefer it over black which is my least favorite color.

Candace said...

I love brown, such a warm and friendly colour. Also -- don't laugh -- the colour of many animals and birds, the colour of so many things of Earth. I wear a lot of it with and without other hues. LOVE those shoes! What a creative kid!

Candace x

Kat Mortensen said...

Now that one was very seasonal.