Thursday 21 March 2013

Learning...

New stitches with more texture than my normal single crochet. The boredom of the eggs has spurred me on to try something new. I have a great book of stitches on my Kindle, which is where these came from. They are Angle stitch, Popcorn lines stitch and Popping circles stitch. All pretty easy to do. The popcorn one will make a good bath mat for the cardboard dolls house that has sat on our kitchen table gradually filling with dolls and other bits and pieces, but otherwise untouched. I might make some new bunting for my classroom with my stitch swatches. Good for texture talk. ( one of the many things children are required to be able to do to jump through the hoops of the current curriculum.) I might write a new curriculum called 'Teaching and Learning Through Crochet' !









8 comments:

Linda Sue said...

LOVING the bumpity one. Looks really cozy. I think that you could crochet a house now.

Sarah said...

Yes-one big enough for all my wool !

Tracy said...

VERY, very pretty, Sarah! Pretty colors too. I'm learning more about crochet too. Recently upgrading to double crochet felt BIG... LOL! Happy Days ((HUGS))

Carole Reid said...

Do it, Sarah! I'm betting your curriculum would be adored by both teachers and students.

Anonymous said...

I think crochet and knitting could be used to teach children lots of things - colour, texture and of course maths!

Anonymous said...

Love all the texture! I think crocheting can be so relaxing.

Leenie said...

Well, I'm super impressed!

model busana muslim murah said...


nice job for posting this.It’s exactly what I was looking for!