Saturday, 29 August 2009

Saturday Morning

We went to the cafe for breakfast this morning and the first thing that fell out of the paper was a beautiful poster for this clothing company. I had a look at their website when I got home and whether or not I buy any clothes-(I would like to but hate the sizing difficulty of internet clothes shopping)-the website alone was pleasure enough. The way they have got the sound of the wind on the part I linked to is just lovely! I love catalogues that imagine a lifestyle as well as showing the clothes. Especially if they are beautiful and gypsyish like these are!
On a different subject-I am going to attempt to make our computer connection wireless tomorrow so if it all goes wrong that will be why I am not responding to any emails, should there be any! Hopefully it will not go wrong but I just have this feeling.
When we walked back from the cafe-via the Cat's Protection League charity shop-I found a great chalkboard/easel. Modelled on it are a crochet handbag from Greenwich market on Thursday and a gingerbread girl from the same stall. There is something so jolly about her that I loved when I saw her hiding at the bottom of a basket of various crocheted and knitted items. These are all examples of things that can be procured for £3!
The gingerbread girl is made by the Knickerbocker toy company of New York. The slogan on the label is 'JOY OF A TOY'. There is a lovely picture here of a gingerbread couple-with a girl like mine.

7 comments:

Kamana said...

oh that gingerbread girl is just too cute!

rattlingon said...

I love those clothes- I was browsing them on line a couple of weeks ago. The site has good advice on the fit of all the garments.

Sonia ;) said...

LOve the clothes, went and checked out the website. So romantic..

Love the good finds you have.
Good luck on the wireless.

xoxo S

Poetikat said...

Great finds, Sarah! Your Saturday morning sounds far more interesting than mine--lukewarm croissants, lukewarm tea and a coldish, rainy day. I need to get out more!

Kat

Shell said...

The Gingerbread girl is sweet. All right, your going wireless. You will love it, trust me. I also have something for over at my blog.

Relyn said...

Ok, I am finally back. I got lost for a long while on that website you recommended. Now I can hardly wait for the catalog I ordered. They reminded me of a smaller, more personal Anthropologie. I loved it! Thanks so much for sharing.

Liz said...

Such a cute gingerbread doll! I hope all went well with your wireless internet set up!