Tuesday 29 January 2013

Vintage to a Tea

 This is the shop-a very sweet little premises which is just right for my friend's stock. She has clothes and accessories from 30's to the 70's, all very beautifully displayed. I was there for about three hours and the shop was filled all day which bodes well. She has lots of established customers from the markets she does, and there were some very impressive outfits to be seen. I really enjoyed the day, chatting to lots of strangers and my friend's family. I was asked on a couple of occasions if I was the 'doll lady' which made me smile. I had an interesting conversation with a lady who covers lampshade frames in vintage fabrics about that, and public liability insurance, a thing I probably should know more about. The delicious cupcakes by her sister in law were there, as at the craft fair. That and a couple of glasses of bucks fizz kept me going until a disgusting heated up cornish pasty at the station. It might have been ok cold, but I made the mistake of asking the girl to heat it up. A minute in the microwave later and it had been transformed into a greasy barely held together and boiling hot mess. The vanilla latte made up for it a bit!
A few of my dollies are living at the shop. I thought they looked quite good amongst the vintage goodies.
This one is in the window.
The handbag I wanted but had to leave as I had already bought a jacket and a brooch. I took a photo so I could possibly paint a box of my own in this way. I think it is a cigar box converted to a handbag.
This is my friend's facebook page so that you can get her details if you are anywhere near Nottingham and love vintage clothes, in which case she is well worth a visit.

6 comments:

Rachel said...

What a coincidence. I've just seen a similar photo of the shop on my friend's facebook page. She makes clocks and things out of old books and has a few of her pieces in your friend's shop. It's a small world!

Linda Sue said...

your dollies certainly add charm to her decor! I am sure that the vintage clothing is tiny.usually 6 sizes too small, but *sigh* beautiful.

Shell said...

The shop looks sweet and cozy. Your dollies fit right in.

Anonymous said...

Your dolls look quite at home! It looks just like the kind of shop that I love to have a browse round.

Tracy said...

VERY fun shop! What a terrific showcase-place for your dolls, Sarah! This is so wonderful to see. I would love to go there! ;o) Happy Days ((HUGS))

Rattling On said...

Your dolls look perfectly at home, I do hope you sell lots. I think I could probably stock a vintage shop with my own stash at the moment, but half-term will mean another chucking out session. Hopefully.