Monday 14 January 2013

Little Events in my Monday

I got the bus today as it was snowing in the morning. At lunchtime I was glad I had as it started to snow quite hard. I took my big camera to work,  and love these grey snowy shots from the roof terrace. The snow carried on for a while, but, disappointingly turned to cold rain by home time. It also didn't prevent the person coming to train us in how to use an excel programme to input and analyse our assessment data, from getting to the school. Added to the huge boredom of the meeting I also had terrible pains in my stomach which I think were actually indigestion, and which lasted exactly the duration of the meeting. Maybe they were boredom pains I don't know. Some people's eyes light up and an excited tone creeps into their voice when they consider excel and data analysation. I am afraid I am not one of them. Ah well, at least it is over! Back in the car tomorrow as it is just supposed to be cold. Disappointing!





This is the building of the other school we were at last year.

6 comments:

Kat Mortensen said...

Snow makes everything so mystical Sarah, doesn't it?

Sorry about your stomach pains; they do seem interestingly coincidental with the meeting. Boredom is a catalyst for indigestion.

Kat

Linda Sue said...

no snow here, just cold brisk days and cups of tea, lots and lots...life is too short to spend them in imposed boredom- they should all be lit on fire!!! And you are just the girl for the job!!! take matches...

Carole Reid said...

Sarah, you've captured the wonder and cold of a snowy day in the city. I love the moodiness of each photo. I hope you get a little to play in. Have a great week, pain free of course!

Queenie Believe said...

These winter snow photos are wonderful. They really capture snow in the moment, lovely. I'm right threre with you regarding data analysis... big yawn! But hey, its done and over with.
Have a great day.
Always, Queenie

Anairam said...

Lovely snow!! I especially love the middle two pics. Hmmmm, that pain may well have been boredom. Or perhaps anxiety in case all meetings in future are going to be based on Excel worksheets, hahaha! PS You were right about my picture - not sure if they are weeds, but they are water plants caught in the rush of a stream near our house, just as the stream is about to go over a low wall.

Anonymous said...

Snow is always so pretty to photograph...but I still don't like it...LOL! I can only agree with you about Excel...boring!