Wednesday 18 January 2012

Today

A tiny flash of red is all we could see of this Robin, but we could hear him so clearly as he sang his lovely song. Unrelated to the Robin, but another part of today, are these bottles. In fact they are not just bottles, they are part of something. We don't exactly know what yet, but something we are working on together. I appealed for large plastic bottles before Christmas, and got quite a few-enough to get this far with whatever it is we are building. I had a lot of interest and offers of help in using the hot glue gun to stick the bottles together. I squeeze the glue out and the children take turns pushing the bottle onto it before it solidifies. They arranged the bottles in an arc big enough to fit two people in. I am thinking it is a lunar module, but at the moment it doesn't really matter, just the excitement of making a big thing, that is really easy to lift up, is enough.

It is living on top of the phonebox untill it gets big enough to get in and to stand around without getting too easily broken.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

That looks like fun, look forward to seeing the finished thing.

Carole Reid said...

This looks interesting and BIG! Where will it lead you? :)

Have you seen the video about the men who are filling water bottles with water and placing them in holes in the roofs of people living in shacks or caves without windows? The bottled water reflects the sunlight into the rooms.

Sarah said...

No I haven't but it sounds interesting-I will look for it.

Anonymous said...

I wish I was one of your pupils!!

Queenie Believe said...

The bottle project looks like great fun for the kids. Can't wait to see what they come up with.
Have a great day.
Always, Queenie

Anairam said...

Oh, I like this project - I think they can fly to the moon with it, or maybe explore other universes. What fun! PS You have guessed right about incorporating the embroidery into my pictures. I have done another one which I may post tomorrow. But the little blooms are in such an awkward position - it makes it a bit difficult to think of pictures where they can fit in ....

Tracy said...

Oh, I just love the English robin... one of the very sweetest birds. :o) VERY curious to see what you will do with all with all those plastic bottles...hhhmmm... Recycled art--I love that! Happy Weekend, Sarah ((HUGS))