I didn't take photos of the next parts. I got groups of six sheets, folded in the middle and placed them together like pages (signatures of six sheets-that is the official term) Then I sewed these.
One of the journals is made up of three signatures and one of four. I made covers from packaging. I punched holes in the cover then punched through these into the signatures to get the placing. I just did it by eye-no measuring was involved! Then I used thin ribbon to sew in and out of the holes then back again, tie it up and Bob's your uncle! I have gessoed the covers and will decorate but they are ready to use. I am going to start collecting my next lot of paper bags now! Two of my favourites are the mushroom bag and the French bread bag. I also have some tiny chop stick paper bags in there!