Monday 18 October 2021

Up the Garden

Now I have done some clearing, it is much easier to go up the garden to fetch nextdoor's footballs. When I went today I noticed that these toadstools had sprung up, and started to decay, in the week and a half since I last looked. They blend in so well with the dark soil that I nearly trod on them. I took my camera up to take a few pictures, and when I turned to go in, I noticed a different kind on the tree stump. All very autumnal!
I didn't lay down for this picture, just held the camera low down!

They have such delicate structures. 

The ones on the stump are very pink, making a good contrast with the bright green ivy.

Bollie came out to see what I was up to. I am never sure if he likes me to be in the garden. He seems to find it a bit disturbing. Most cats quite like the company.

 

3 comments:

River said...

I like the photos that show the mushroom stems, like a little forest of mushrooms.

Sarah said...

Thanks River, they just need some fairies!

Steve Reed said...

It's that time of year! I'm seeing lots of mushrooms when I'm out and about, too.