My Singer sewing machine broke before Christmas-the curtain I made for the front door finished it off. Something went wrong with the bobbin holder and I couldn't fix it. It may be able to be fixed by someone else so is still here at the moment. I think I will freecycle it. Andy has very kindly bought me a new machine. It is a Janome. Not one of the computerised ones but a better machine than my broken one. I bought it specifically for doing free motion sewing. I could not get the old one to do it, as the feed dogs didn't drop and the special plate I bought didn't seem to work. When I got this one home I was so excited, but then disappointed to find it did not have a free motion foot! I was a bit annoyed at the lack of sales advice in John Lewis, as I asked the woman about the feed dogs, and said what I wanted to do, and she didn't tell me I would need to buy another foot. A bit of research and I found the one I needed for not too much money.
I am pleased with the writing. Not so sure about the face!
Next I used up some yarn ends in a random collage which I turned into a heart.
Looks a bit like rock strata.
I have not made anything since the heart. My next thing to make is a butterfly for one of the groups in the nursery I am working at now. I also need to make a caterpillar but that will be made from pom-poms.