Saturday 25 October 2014

A Fanciful Twist Halloween Party 2014

The Tale of the Dancing Witch

 I recently visited the magical Mouse Mansion in Amsterdam, and I wanted to make my own small mouse house. As the Halloween party was coming up I thought I would make a mouse witch. However, my skills at making a mouse witch only extended to a head, so taxidermy mouse was made. I tried again, and this time the Dancing Witch arrived. I had started the house. but it was more mouse sized than Dancing Witch sized, so it became a room instead! It is where she loves to knit, dance, and make delicious spells using her silver cauldron, spices and magical powders.


Please come in and enjoy some Halloween soup, full of bats and spiders, ghosts, pumpkins, and tiny green witches.


 After this the Dancing Witch invites you to enjoy a spell making class.
Her mixing spoon is a little large, and can only be used with the help of a shrinking spell. 
You may find the Dancing Witch knitting when you arrive, she doesn't like to waste a minute! If you are feeling quiet, you may like to spend some time with her friend, reading fairy tales on the balcony. 

 Don't forget to feed the pumpkin cats before you leave or they get very worried when the witch goes out, and soon it is time for her to fly off to other Halloween parties around the witching world.
 Before you leave, enjoy a stroll in the mushroom garden, but watch out for the fairies and elves, and don't eat any! (mushrooms. not fairies or elves!)
The witch is thinking that it is time to go...
To leave her knitting behind...
Get her broom out and...
Fly away!

Below is what the whole room looks like. I had a lot of fun making this, and want to add more rooms. I shall see you at all the other parties!
Happy Halloween!

24 comments:

elizabeth said...

Wow! I LOVE your dancing witch and her lovely house and the mouse head mounted on the wall!
A spooktacular post!
LOVED IT!

Nicole said...

What a great little room! So creative. Thank you for having me by. Please visit my party when you have a chance!

Maria Medeiros said...

Absolutely adorable! So sweet! http://cozycomfycouch.blogspot.ca/

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh - the mushrooms are sooooo cute and what a fun idea. :)


Now I'm off to visit the other parties and find some more Tricks-and-Treats.
Here's the link for my Sp0oKy event, after all, everyone needs a fright on Halloween, right? Mwhahahaha! ';)
http://dawaioser.livejournal.com/856146.html

Denise said...

Just darling and charming !

Shell said...

Sarah, I loved your sweet and creative Halloween party. The Dancing Witch is lovely and I enjoyed her spell class.

Victoria said...

Such an enchanting post! I love what you create. Have a Happy Halloween.

Victoria from Brushstrokes

Laura S Reading said...

I love your mouse sized house and witch and pumpkin cats and all the accessories!
I would love to see more rooms.
The love and fun you enjoyed doing this shows.

http://dogsmomvisits.blogspot.com/2014/10/haunted-wishes.html

Renee said...

I love the little mouse house. What a great, fun idea. Love the vintage looking cats.

Great party.

Niffy said...

Oh my. What a fantastic room and a lovely party to boot! Your talent is amazing! I can't wait to see the other rooms you'll create! Thank you for a lovely time.

If you have a moment, perhaps you will come and sit for a spell?
http://marrowandmeadow.wordpress.com/2014/10/25/halloween-party-2014-a-tale-of-the-bone-mother/

http://afancifultwist.typepad.com said...

Be still my heart!!! Miniature beyond goooodnessss! I love it all, thank you for sharing!!

Happy Halloweeeeen, thank you for joining in, truly! <3, Vanessa

beverly e said...

What a cute little house... so fun! Thanks for sharing it!

Gina said...

LOVe this project!!! Always wanted a dolls house as a girl but never got one...me thinks it may be time to make my own...with a room for all seasons :D XXX

Anonymous said...

Lovely, lovely pictures and an entertaining walk through your imagination! Thank you for sharing!

Happy Homebird said...

Squeal at the cuteness of this, love all the detail. The bottles are so sweet Happy Halloween xx

http://www.happyhomebird.com/2014/10/i-went-to-animal-scare.html

Anne said...

Fabulous, my Dear!! So much creativeness, your photos are sublime!!
Thank you for having me by...have a wonderful week and a Happy Halloween!!
Hugs,
Anne
P.S. Now following you!

TheBlakkDuchess said...

What a fabulous doll & room! And those wee mushrooms... *swoon*

Such a delightful party, I'm so glad I popped by! =D

Kelly said...

Ahh, to be tiny and to live in such a lovely house! So unique and creative ....just adorable from top to bottom! Thank you for sharing your tiny witch friends and their home! Cheers! ;)

Bohemian said...

All of it Adorable and so Colorful! Happy Halloween from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

Musings from Kim K. said...

Love this so! I have a Halloween dollhouse too. What a magical little dwelling you have. Halloween hugs!

http://kenward.blogspot.com/2013/09/tiny-tweakshaunted-dollhouse-big-reveal.html

Linda said...

Hi, I had a wonderful time and oh how imaginative...Very good. I am running late but I hope you have some time to visit momentsinaneye.blogspot.com

Jennifer Michelle said...

How I would love to live in the dancing witch's home! It is so perfect and sooo my style!


http://broomsticksandlace.blogspot.ca/2014/10/a-fanciful-twist-halloween-party-2014.html

Christina Paul said...

Too delightful! I'm so smitten- we've been making mouse houses in our family since I was little- your little details are fabulous - love the Happy witch and mounted mouse head is a riot!
am following your blog now :)
Cheers
Christina

http://pennywiseblog.blogspot.com/2014/10/an-enchanting-brew-witches-tea-party.html

Denise said...

Dropped by for one more visit-Beautiful art.I'm now Your newest follower :)Denise