Wednesday 28 February 2018

Monster Toe Hat and the Beast From the East

Having made Paddington, and being halfway through making two more, I have learnt a technique from making his legs. Make two tubes, then join them in the middle, crocheting all the way around the top of one then the other, eventually making one big tube for the body. I suddenly realised that I could do however many tubes I liked, and thus invented the monster toe and also gloves.(!) This is my prototype, and I didnt want to go on and make a full monster, so have turned it into a hat for a doll. It makes her look like a queen so she likes it. 
 This morning one of the Reception children said to me, "Sarah, there is snow everywhere." Having just watched the news I see that there truly is, covering most of the country and bringing things to a standstill as usual. We had quite a lot last night here, which stopped me using my car this morning for my latest job, (I have three now!) of cat sitting. I started doing this in November and now have a list of nine clients so far. I am working for someone else, but am thinking I could do this myself at some point in the future. I have two lots of cats I am feeding this week, and on my teaching days I have to get up really early to do the morning visit. Even earlier today, as the Beast from the East has arrived, a cold weather system from Russia, made all the worse by the jet stream reversing. I have no idea how or why but it is cold! My school was open today, much to the disappointment of staff, but not me as I don't get paid otherwise!
 It was beautiful at 5.45 this morning, and the bus I needed was running. All went well and I was home again in time for work.



This view is out of the third floor window at school.

2 comments:

Steve Reed said...

Our school is closed this morning (Thurs). Crazy weather! I like your snow photos, though!

Sarah said...

Mine was closed today too! Today was so much colder than yesterday so it was probably a good thing.