Wednesday 4 October 2017

A Bit Yucky.

Over the years, I have trodden in lots of dog mess, fallen over in someone else's sick, sat in chewing gum, and been pooed on by a squirrel. I have, however, in all the time I have been a nursery teacher, managed to avoid sitting in wee. Today, my luck ran out. I was about to engage in some timed lego building with one of the afternoon kids, when cold wetness seeped right through. I shot up, but it was too late. I had to wait for someone to be able to relieve me from the classroom, then used the hand drier in the loo. After this, I fashioned a fetching bubble wrap skirt, finished off with masking tape, to enable sitting on things without contaminating them.
More revolting stories occur to me. The time I had to take an assembly, which was bad enough, but bad turned to worse, when a child at the front suddenly projectile vomited. I jumped out of the way of that one. And there was  the time I had just managed to single-handedly get my Reception class changed for PE, and was headed into the hall. Two children led the line, PJ and George. As I followed them in with the rest of the class, George came rushing back out of the hall to tell me, "PJ's pooed on a hoop!" Indeed PJ had, a perfect small egg of excrement, balanced on the edge of the hoop. End of PE lesson.
Ah well, teaching and life are not all roses and playdough. I will leave you with a pleasant image of something or other once I have found one!

1 comment:

crafty cat corner said...

Well, that's a different post for a change, lol
Briony
x