It took me such a long time to add the finishing touches. I still cannot do hands and feet so I improvised. I loved doing her hair! I also loved making her wings and the effect of the light through them. I get really excited about taking the photos-it is like a bonus part of the whole process for me. I print them out on A4 paper and stick them up around the house for a while. I love the drama of the photos and experimenting with the light.
She is quite recycled-her skirt is chicken wire from my old kitchen cupboards, her trousers are ties from a top I have-I hated the ties, they just got in the way. Once I had hacked them off in a temper the other day I realised they would make perfect and easy trousers. The covering on her skirt is newspaper. She has recycled tissue paper with lines from the play which I collaged onto her skirt and she has dried flowers from the garden last year also collaged on. I bought the daisies! Her wings are also recycled tissue paper and her shirt is part of an old sheet.
Visit the ADO blog here to see more Shakespeare challenge dolls and other interesting doll related stuff!
This is only the second doll I have made using an armature and although I found it difficult I can see lots of possibilities so am going to persevere! I managed to find a good source of armature wire yesterday but was a bit surprised at the delivery cost-expensive! I went for it anyway as I have no more. I was surprised by the doorbell this morning-the postman had brought me a very smart box which contained my wire-in a beautiful nest of shredded newspaper-it is thicker than the wire I have been using and I am looking forward to trying it out.
Hope your week is going well.